Department Head: Dr. William (Bill) Jenkins
The General Studies Department exists to educate, equip, and enrich Christians to be leaders through foundational
studies that prepare students to read, study, and think critically.
Students completing the requirements in General Studies will:
- Articulate in writing and speaking their own ideas about issues and arguments in written and oral discourse that demonstrate efficient use of grammar, mechanics, and style in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Recognize movements, theories, people, and works that have historically shaped Western culture in general and the Christian church in particular.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the major concepts of the behavioral and social sciences.
- Solve problems through logical reasoning and scientific method.
- Demonstrate an integration of their studies into a Christian worldview.
- Recognize the value of lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to select and use the most appropriate technological tools and understand technology’s impact on self and society.