You are here
As a part of Manhattan Christian College's Campus Recreation, Intramural Sports offers opportunities for a variety of activities that may improve wellness and fitness, while providing competitive and cooperative activities along with opportunities to learn and practice leadership and planning.
Benefits of participating in Intramurals:
- Learning effective communication skills
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Clarified values
- Exploring career choices
- Leadership development
- Healthy behaviors
- Appreciation of diversity
- and much more...
- Intramurals is open to all full-time students, faculty & staff, and spouses of Manhattan Christian College affiliated personnel as long as the participant holds a valid MCC ID card.
- Faculty and Staff include those who are employed by Manhattan Christian College as either full-time or part-time. All Faculty and Staff must have a valid MCC ID to participate in Intramurals. Spouses of Faculty/Staff Manhattan Christian College may also participate in Intramurals, but must also have a valid MCC ID card. Spouses must also be placed on the same roster as their LWC husband/wife, they may not stand alone on a roster.
- All participants must show a valid MCC ID card prior to game time when checking in to the Intramural Supervisor(s) on staff. Any late arrival participants must also sign in and present a valid MCC ID card prior to entering the game. All faculty and staff are required to present a valid MCC ID card or another form of ID such as a driver's license. In Co-Rec events, spouses must present either a valid MCC ID card or a valid driver's license.
- Participants may not play on more than one team per sport unless one of those teams is in a Co-Ed League offered within that sport.
- All participants playing for a team must be on a team's roster prior to the game. Roster additions can be made daily and players are eligible to play if added before play begins. Players not on the team roster may be added by hand by the Intramural Supervisors, but the team risks forfeiting the game if that player is not on the roster or did not join before game time. Additions can be made up until tournament play begins. If a player has previously been placed on another roster, the player cannot participate on any other team.
- Former professional athletes are ineligible in the sport of their profession and all related sports, but are eligible for all other non-related Intramural events.
- Any player caught claiming a false ID will be suspended for that game and their next scheduled contest. Any second infraction on using a false ID will result in a player being suspended for the remainder of that season from all Intramural sports. Using the ID of another person or allowing another person to use their ID to falsely claim themselves as that participant is illegal, and risks not only forfeiting their season, but also the player whose identification was attempted to be used.
- The Intramural Program reserves the right to investigate the eligibility of all participants. If a player is deemed ineligible this may result in forfeiture of games and/or suspension or removal of a team and/or its participants.
- Participants are encouraged to notify the Intramural Office and submit a protest concerning possible ineligible participants.
- The MCC student code of conduct applies to the Intramural Program.
- No profanity
- No intent to harm another participant
- Any violation will result in consequences deemed necessary by the IM director and the Dean of Students
Health and Liability:
MCC recommends that all participants have a physical examination before participating in an intramural event. Participating in an intramural event is voluntary on the part of each individual. MCC will not assume any responsibility for injuries or medical expenses sustained by individuals participating in the program.
A forfeit will be given to any team that fails to provide the allowable minimum number of players at game time.
Participating in intramural sports is voluntary on the part of each individual. Manhattan Christian College will not assume responsibility of bills if a participant is injured in an intramural event.
Opportunities are available for Christian service credit for game Officials. These challenging positions offer flexible schedules created around an individual's class requirements and availability. For more information' call the Student Life Office at (785) 539-3571 or stop by the office or email Sarah Wenger at firstname.lastname@example.org.