Associate Pastor of Youth and Children
– A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and a driving passion for leading children, youth and families to a committed relationship with Jesus Christ.
– The ability to develop a vision for ministry with Children and Youth Ministry for the long-term that supports the ongoing mission of the congregation as a whole.
– Ability to organize work and set priorities to meet deadlines.
– Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
– Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
– Maintain professionalism and confidentiality with staff and church members.
– Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of one year related experience preferred.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
– Provide Biblically grounded teaching, and oversee that teaching with all the groups; both Children and Youth.
– Coordinate Sunday School, and mid-week activities for Preschool – 12th grade.
– Build relationships with youth, being a visible and engaging part of their lives.
– Willing to perform other pastoral duties as necessary, including preaching, when needed.
– Recruit, train, and orient staffing of volunteer positions for Sunday and mid-week activities.
– Work with the ministry teams to determine curriculum used for Sunday and mid-week activities.
– Order and distribute lessons and materials for Sunday and mid-week activities.
– Provide Christian Education resources for parents and families.
– Organize any needed activities, which include; camps, Vacation Bible School, Mission trips, etc.
– In cooperation with the ministry teams, plan service and fellowship opportunities for children and youth.
– Plan, oversee and work to coordinate the annual Fair Booth Fund raiser for the youth program in early fall.
– Evaluate and oversee planned programing to facilitate growth and discipleship of all ages of youth, as needed.
– Work with the Staff and Servant leader team, to continue our vision of a unified teaching plan and program for the whole church, which includes the Youth and Children’s ministry.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
– A positive, outgoing personality who enjoys building and leading teams.
– An effective multi-tasker. You’ll be overseeing a lot of moving parts.
– A self-motivated work style. We don’t want to micro-manage you!
– A solid track record of consistently planning, communicating and following through.
In this position you will be working with present staff and Servant leader team, to take our youth ministry to a new place and direction. You will have the use of an amazing facility for both Children and Youth. This ministry will offer wonderful opportunities to work with youth from both our congregation and this community.
Please Send resume to: