To further the mission of the Church by effectively overseeing, directing, and developing Campus Ministries. The goal of all Campus Ministries will be to help college students become fully devoted, mature followers of Christ. College Ministry encompass our Christian Campus House, ABIDE, Service Groups, Discipleship and Outreach for Central’s students as well as the UAFS Community.
• Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Reflects the characteristics of church leadership as described in scripture.
• Engages in a regular and ongoing accountability relationship with elders and staff.
• Accountable to the staff team leader.
• Implement a plan of continual self-development.
• Cultivate personal relationships.
Conditions of Employment
• Models a Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
• Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of Central.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. General staff responsibilities:
• Engage in ministry responsibilities as assigned.
• Assist in establishing ministry goals and objectives, and individual tactics that support the mission and vision of the Church.
• Recruit, train, schedule, equip and supervise volunteers for the ministry.
• Propose and administer annual budgets.
• Create a long range strategic plan for Campus Ministries at Central
2. Mobilizing the Central Family to Collegiate Ministry
• Lead, oversee, and direct all facets of College Ministries at Central.
• Lead the congregation in establishing effective ministry to the UAFS Campus. Provide for Campus Outreach through Bible Study, Social Activities, and Campus Events.
• Provide ministry opportunities for Central’s college students at UAFS and abroad.
• Implement a plan to engage and recruit college aged students for a Bible Study/2:42 Group.
• Develop strategy to recruit and train volunteers and leaders. Provide resources and curriculum as needed.
• Coordinate and collaborate with the Student Ministry team to ensure a seamless transition from one group to the next.
• Creatively promote college ministry to the church body in coordination with other ministries, leaders and volunteers.
3. Student Ministry Residence Program
• Oversee operation of Central’s residency program. This includes oversight of facilities, residence directors, students, and all aspects of the communal living program offered through Central’s college ministries.
• Coordinate the application process for potential student/residents.
• Provide oversight for all policies, discipline and ministries that take place in the Christian Campus House(s).
• Provide direction and supervision for discipleship programs within the Christian Campus House(s). This includes all accountability groups, bible studies, service projects and fellowship opportunities.
4. Student Discipleship
• Oversee all aspects of the weekly Bible Study – ABIDE. Recruit, train and coordinate volunteers and leaders as needed.
• Develop and implement a strategy to engage college students in the body life of a local church.
• Recruit and equip college students to serve in Sunday Morning Praise Gathering, 242 Groups, Outreach Events, and Student/Children’s Ministry (in accordance with the Child Safety Policy) .
• Enlist, equip and release students for creating new ministry groups.
5. International Students
• Serve as the Point of Contact for International Students through ESL, International Friends, etc .
• Coordinate and collaborate with the International Student Office at UAFS.
• Develop strategic ministry/outreach for International Students that seeks to makes disciples through evangelism and study so that they return home as missionaries.
• Create ministries that enlist and equip the Central family to engage the international community at UAFS.
6. UAFS Liaison
• Establish Outreach aimed at Campus administration and faculty.
• Serve as the Point of Contact between UAFS and Central.
• Coordinate Central’s efforts to bless the UAFS Faculty, Staff and Students
7. Other Duties
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Performance and Evaluation
Success in the position will be measured according to the performance assessment tool approved by the staff and elders. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas, including but not limited to: completion of ministry goals and individual tactics, communication, teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self-motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.
400 N. Waldron Rd.
Fort Smith, AR 72903