Northside is a growing and vibrant church in a small community 45 minutes east of Kansas City. In June 2019, Christian Standard listed Northside Christian Church as the third fastest-growing large church. In 2017 we completed a 13,000+ sq/ft building addition for children ages birth-fifth grade. We wholeheartedly believe in investing and teaching the next generation of leaders for the church and we’re excited for what God has in store for Northside and look forward to partnering with an individual who has a passion for working with elementary students and their families.
I. Title: Children’s Minister
II. Department/Ministry Focus: Children’s Ministries
III. The Person/Character
a. Exhibits a personal devotional life that is consistent and meaningful.
b. Is above reproach and lives a life exemplifying Biblical character.
c. Has a good reputation in their community.
d. Shows a genuine concern for the care and discipleship of elementary students. Has taken ashepherding/discipleship model as a primary model of leadership.
e. Committed to making their family their primary ministry, spends time with their family, and seestheir primary role as a servant-leader in their home.
f. Demonstrates a cooperative spirit that promotes unity and trust.
g. Practices Biblical stewardship in their personal finances and applies those truths to thechurch’s management of all resources.
h. Models spiritual disciplines in the areas of study, prayer, emotional stability, and personalgrowth.
i. Embraces accountability (is open and transparent).
j. Abstains from all appearance of evil.
Staff members of Northside Christian Church are in very visible positions representing theChurch and our faith. As such, all staff members are expected to conduct themselves with utmost integrity at all times inside and outside of the workplace, bringing honor and glory to God the Father and respect and confidence to the Church.
Employees are expected to:
• Reflect a commitment to purity in all relationships.
• Work to maintain the “unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace,” recognizing that the overall ministry of Northside Christian Church is greater than the individual ministries for
which each is personally responsible.
• Speak positively of other staff and church members to others.
The Elders of Northside Christian Church shall be the final authority for determining violations of this policy and the appropriate discipline.
IV. Overall Responsibility: The Children’s Minister’s responsibility is to serve the church by developing, coordinating and administering an effective ministry to meet the needs of the elementary students in Warrensburg and surrounding communities by providing leadership, and supervising staff and volunteers involved in the ministry.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Lead in the development and implementation of all ministry activities and volunteers, which aredirected toward students, and the parents/guardians of elementary students (grades K-5).
2. Organize and implement the basic structure for Sunday morning programs:
a. Recruit and train volunteers.
b. Oversee Orange curriculum, maintain licensing and distribute to volunteers.
c. Communicate weekly with parents, students, volunteers and staff.
3. Organize and implement special events and activities; Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School, Fall Fun Fest, etc.
a. Recruit and train volunteers as applicable for the event.
b. Develop and direct teams for these programs
4. Oversee room themes and appropriate materials
a. Supervise cleanliness and standards.
b. Oversee age-appropriate decorating in Kids Corner that applies to current theme.
5. Development of a training program for volunteers.
6. Develop an effective discipleship program for children and volunteers.
a. Ensure that birthday cards, welcome notes, and “missed you” cards are sent to students and volunteers.
b. Identify, develop, and equip children to participate in ministry.
7. Complete necessary record keeping.
a. Turn in all receipts to financial manager within one week’s time.
8. Establish goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, utilizing equipment and supplies, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks, and
evaluating progress regularly.
9. Work with appropriate staff, leaders, elders, and board members to carry out ministry.
10. Attend staff meetings, minister meetings, and retreats.
a. Come to all meetings prepared and on time.
b. Get necessary information to appropriate staff personnel to be discussed at meetings at least one day prior.
11. Represent the church by serving in the community.
12. Perform any other necessary duties when asked to do so.
V. Minimum Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years of ministry experience; preferably in children’s ministry.
VI. Reports to (to whom the person directly reports)
a. Reports to the Senior Minister and Executive Minister.
b. Meets minimum expectation of 40 hours a week invested in ministry.
VII. Consults with (those who the person works with on a regular basis)
a. Partners with Early Childhood Minister and Student Minister to ensure smooth transitions for the children and parents.
VIII. Term of Employment: All employees are “at will employees” and are subject to termination or may resign at any time. Exit strategies are subject to the Elders’ approval.
Northside Christian Church
500 N Ridgeview Drive
Warrensburg, Missouri 64093
2,152 total views, 6 views today