Objectives: The Children’s Minister works under the Sr. Minister to partner with families and equips volunteers to disciple preschool and elementary school students.
Areas of Responsibility
Responsibility #1: Recruit, train, and care for all children’s ministry volunteers ● Provide personal coaching, encouragement, and team development opportunities for all children’s ministry volunteers.
- Recruit, assess, and engage new children’s ministry volunteers as they become necessary and available.
- Foster and lead in a disciple-making culture within the children’s ministry team, aligning with the disciple-making culture and strategy of the church-at-large.
Responsibility #2: Shepherd and partner with the families of nursery, preschool, and elementary school students
- Encourage and equip parents to be the primary disciple-makers of their own children.
- Shepherd families through significant personal and spiritual milestones in the lives of students (i.e., baptism, child dedication, etc.).
- Provide pastoral care when necessary to students and families. ● Cultivate partnership with Fingerprints CDC by communicating with administration, staff, children, and parents.
Responsibility #3: Oversee all teaching, worship, big/small group dynamics to nursery, preschool, and elementary students
- Create and/or select a curriculum for all children’s ministry contexts. ● Provide and encourage leadership in all children’s ministry contexts. updated 02/03/2020
- A welcoming, engaging, ministry to nursery, preschool, and elementary school students.
- An equipped and loving team of volunteers working to serve children and their families.
- Healthy partnerships between families and the church as we strive together to disciple children.
- Compassionate and biblically sound pastoral care for children and families.
- Reports to the Sr. Minister
- Works with the ministry staff to shepherd, teach, and disciple the church at large
- Leads the children’s ministry volunteer team toward ministry goals and objectives which align the church’s mission and vision
- Partners with families to disciple children
- Ministers to nursery, preschool, and elementary school students (and their families)
Skills and Attributes
- Exhibit excellent strategic planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations
- Be a team player, focused on collaboration
- Understanding of and alignment with the church’s vision and discipleship strategy
- Foundational knowledge of Christian theology and fluency in Christian Church teaching and philosophy
- Ability to communicate clearly and compassionately
Capitol City Christian Church
7800 Holdrege St. Lincoln, NE 68505
472 total views, 9 views today