Children’s Ministry Director Job Description
The Children’s Ministry Director will be responsible for establishing, overseeing, and facilitating opportunities and environments for children, parents, and families at Central Christian Church to come to know, love, and follow Jesus Christ as they love and serve the church, the community, and the world. This is a part-time position that reports directly to the lead pastor, and indirectly to the elders and congregation of Central Christian Church.
1. Love God, love people, and oversee children’s ministries at Central Christian Church
– Prayerfully pursue God’s wisdom, study God’s Word, depend on God’s power, and enjoy God’s presence in every area of your life and ministry.
– Develop, communicate, and implement a vision for children’s ministries that is in alignment with the overall mission, vision, and values of Central Christian Church.
– Identify, recruit, train, equip, and lead a team of volunteers to implement Central Christian Church’s ministry to children and their families.
– Establish mentoring/discipling relationships with other adults and youth volunteers.
– Plan, prepare, and provide the teaching, training, and resources necessary to carry out the children’s ministries of the church.
– Seek, acquire, and utilize resources and materials appropriate and beneficial for the evangelism and edification of children and their families.
– Plan and provide regular activities and events for families of the church and community.
– Provide clear and regular communications between yourself, parents, families, volunteers, fellow church staff, elders, and the church congregation.
– Acquire background checks for volunteers and ensure safety measures are taken to provide safe environments for children, legal regulations are observed, and parents/guardians are assured of their children’s welfare and security.
– Continually evaluate and modify programs and procedures to generate effective and efficient disciple-making.
2. Assist in the overall administration of the church
– Pray regularly for children, their families, church leaders, and the church congregation.
– Build relationships with members of the congregation.
– Assist in meeting various congregational and community needs.
– Provide counsel to members of the congregation and community.
– Communicate well with the lead pastor, elders, fellow staff members, and congregation.
– Participate in church-wide events and activities.
3. Other responsibilities
– Be flexible.
– Assist the lead pastor and fellow staff in various areas as needed.
– Set and meet yearly goals (professional/personal).
– Take time for your family and for your rest (use your day-off wisely and effectively).
– Seek and acquire avenues of professional development for you and your volunteer leaders.
4. Personal character and conduct
– A lifestyle of integrity and devotion to God
– A lifestyle of humility and service to others
– A lifestyle of purity
– A disciplined and diligent lifestyle
– Gracious and compassionate towards all
– Teachable, reasonable, and relational
– Eager to grow spiritually, socially, and professionally
1501 N Leonard Road
St. Joseph, MO 64506