Children’s Ministry Intern
First Church of Christ in Cherokee, IA is seeking a student to fill the position of Children’s Ministry Intern. The ideal candidate will be an immersed believer with a heart for Christ and a desire to minister through His bride, the local church. Additionally, this person should be a full time student with good academic standing.
The primary objective of this ten (10) week summer internship will be to provide a well rounded vocational ministry experience for a student considering a call to the demanding and rewarding field Children’s Ministry in the local church. Secondary objectives will be to provide the church body in Cherokee the blessing of being involved with a ministry / teaching outlet by giving to and supporting a student who is preparing for such a calling and to assist the Sr. Minister and volunteers in all areas of Children’s Ministry through the congregation and community of Cherokee and to help the church body amplify the ministry opportunities that can be provided during the summer months. – OK, here’s what we really need; young energy and creativity to help with a growing children’s ministry in our congregation.
Responsibilities will include:
• Maintain a high level of integrity and commitment to the cause of Christ and do not neglect personal prayer, worship and study.
• Leadership and lesson development through approved curriculum and teaching a Sunday School Class during the Sunday School hour.
• Involvement with Children’s Church during the Sunday morning worship service.
• Involvement in summer children’s ministry programming
• Maintaining regular office hours in agreement with the Sr. Minister.
• Working with and utilizing the Church Secretary and other church volunteers to so that many can be involved in the life of the body.
• Contribute an article of study, insight or reflection to our church newsletter.
• Assist the Sr. Minister in a support capacity with funerals and weddings when asked.
• Staff one or two session of church camp at camp Nebowa in Onawa, IA.
• Be involved with our Summer Vacation Bible School.
• Attend and participate in ministry field related committee meetings, church board and elders meetings in agreement with the Sr. Minister.
• Handle all communication with proper discretion and professionalism.
• Handle all financial matters through proper authorization and with the highest level of integrity.
• Be yourself, have fun, and simply live as a born-again disciple of Jesus Christ. One who is authentic; reflecting the Spirit of Christ in love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
First Church of Christ will provide the following:
• A comprehensive ministry opportunity with motivation of mentoring, experience and teaching at its core.
• We will attempt meet or exceed all field credit or internship requirements as stated by the college.
• Financial compensation of $ 2,000 for this 10 week internship. Weekly disbursement of payroll checks with all appropriate withholdings according to law.
• Housing through a host family and most meals through several host families.
• Use of the church car and van as well as compensation for mileage in personal vehicle for ministry related work when the church vehicles are not available. Compensation rate will be at 55 cents per mile with a total cap of $ 500.
• Use of approved church budget funds for programming expenses.
• Reimbursement of approved ministry related expenses.
• Real people with real faults, gifts, joys and sorrows.
772 N 2nd Street
Cherokee, IA 51012