Responsible to the Senior Minister for planning, coordinating, and promoting creative aspects of
ongoing and special programs and church publications. Responsibilities also include leadership
of the contemporary worship service.
PROFILE OF CHARACTER:
• Commitment to Christ
• Theologically sound and biblically faithful
• Excellent communication skills including all aspects of communication:
o Effective listening
• Values a team concept of ministry
• High moral and ethical character that is reflective in behavior and decision making
CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP LEADER/DIRECTOR ROLE
• Develop, in conjunction with Senior Minister, appropriate annual and weekly worship
service themes and plans.
• Lead worship in the contemporary service.
• Coordinate volunteers and musicians with set up/tear down with special attention to the
audio and visual equipment.
• Evaluate lyrics of all music to ensure they are biblically sound.
• Provide ministerial guidance to those involved in the service.
• Develop creative elements to reinforce the ideas put forth in the sermon.
• Develop services that will be meaningful and relevant and provide a multi-sensory
worship experience and learning environment.
• Use social media to communicate vision, themes, topics, and to keep open lines of
communication with those who attend.
• Keep current with new worship music and implement into the service.
• Spend time memorizing music to better engage the congregation with eye contact.
• Spend time working on transitions between songs/service elements so there is no “dead
• Promote the contemporary service to the community and to all nearby colleges and
• Provide service opportunities through music, set-up/tear-down, audio/video, greeters, etc.
• Provide service projects/opportunities outside of the service.
• Lead and oversee all rehearsals.
• Recruit new musicians and volunteers.
• Develop all front of house presentations (ProPresenter).
• Provide training for all audio/video tech volunteers.
CREATIVE ARTS MINISTER ROLE
• Lead Communications Team in generating ideas and plans to support and promote church
activities, ministries, and special events.
• Work with Worship staff and other ministers to plan, coordinate, and carry out special
events programs in furtherance of the church mission and vision.
• Work with staff to develop and produce video presentations for desired aspects of church
• Maintain Social Networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) with excellence.
• Design service communication pieces that support and enhance the service experience
including any announcement videos and ministry promotional videos
• Oversee video testimonies.
• Design message series theme graphics or oversee production by an outside firm.
• Stay abreast of current graphic design trends, software and publishing resources, printing,
and photography updates.
• Design graphics for special events or as requested by leadership. May utilize an outside
design firm as necessary.
• Oversee and coordinates photography support for church activities.
• Oversee content and layout of programs on in-house monitors.
• Oversee presentation of church web app.
• Oversee presentation of church website.
• Musical abilities.
• Proficient vocally (singing) and with guitar and / or keyboard.
• Working knowledge of sound and media technology.
• Experience with leading or administration of a contemporary service.
• Experience in media and creative arts, especially with regard to technology.
• Proven success in ability to utilize volunteers and lead a team.
To perform this ministry job successfully, it is expected the candidate have a college degree or
be working toward the degree. Specifically, that education / training would be in an area of
Christian ministry and likely from a school recognized by the Tates Creek Christian Church
Elders. Proficiency and comfort in the use of the computer and other technology is vital to
success in this position.
This position requires standing, walking, sitting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pulling,
and lifting up to 40 pounds. In an eight-hour shift, this position may require sitting for five hours
and standing or walking for three hours.
3150 Tates Creek RD
Lexington , KY 40502