DIRECT CARE STAFF – ADVOCATE I
StreetLightUSA is a Christ-Centered organization who serves girls age 11-17 who are victims of child sex trafficking and sexual trauma. The basic instinct shared by victims of child sex trafficking is “fight or flight”. She runs from her emotions of fear, disappointment, shame, deceit, loss, addiction and loneliness; a teen ill-equipped to cope with the complex trauma she has experienced. The StreetLightUSA residential team helps girls find their “fight” through multi-layered crisis intervention programs.
You can make a difference!
We have immediate openings for pool staff; shift hours are 5:45am – 6:00pm and 5:45pm–6:00am.
Availability for a minimum of 4 shifts per month required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute sound decision in crisis and emergency situations.
- Very responsible individual who is highly motivated in making a difference in a young teen’s life.
- Possesses well defined boundaries.
- Maintain a safe environment and providing constant supervision of residents in care.
- Maintaining accurate documentation and adhering to confidentiality regulations in accordance to HIPPAA Laws.
- Highly organized and prompt with reports.
- Responsive with the ability to work in a team environment.
In addition, Advocates will help young female teens:
- Develop life and coping skills while ensuring a safe and nurturing environment at all times.
- Provide transportation to appointments or outings.
- Maintain a clean and successful environment through cooking and cleaning.
- Request supplies and services for residents.
- Maintain daily reports and logs.
- Attend all meetings and complete other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Associate Degree in related field of Social Service Preferred
- One year of experience working directly with at-risk-youth, child care, or child welfare
- Valid AZ Driver’s License
- Pediatric CPR/First Aid
- CPI, CIT, or Prevention and Support
- Food Handler’s Card
- Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Behavioral Health Technician Certification preferred
- Minimum Age: 21
- Child Care or Child Welfare: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
- Glendale, AZ
Required licenses or certifications:
- Crisis Prevention Intervention
- Food Handler
- Driver’s License
- Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- CPR & First Aid
PO Box 6178
Peoria, AZ 85385