Director of U.S. Latino Ministries
Streamwood, IL or Anywhere in the USA – remotely
At Awana, we believe true change happens in communities when children and youth are transformed by the Gospel through Biblical discipleship and in the presence of a caring adult. We believe that kids can come to know, love and serve Jesus, following Him for a lifetime. This is why, for almost 70 years, Awana has been working with leaders in local churches in the US and around the world; providing solutions that equip these women and men to make disciples in children and youth.
Today, God is using Awana is reaching over 4 million kids in 122 countries around the world. With over 500,000 equipped leaders in 54,000 churches, Awana is able to play a vital role in global evangelism and discipleship of children and youth.
The Director of US Latino Ministries advances Awana child and student discipleship ministries by cultivating partnerships with churches, pastors, church networks and denominations, donors and influential individuals among Latino communities within the United States. The Director of US Latino Ministries will relentlessly focus on: 1) building networks with partners focused on child and youth discipleship, 2) bringing value to those networks by providing sustainable leader equipping, resources and ministry empowerment and 3) growing a sustainable ministry through event registration, church membership, resource sales and donations (individuals, churches, foundations). He/she leads and manages a team of direct and indirect reports.
- Works in alignment with Awana CEO and President to develop central messaging collateral that communicates the vision, mission, distinctives and philosophy of Awana child and youth discipleship.
- Identifies and qualifies donor prospects including individuals, partner churches and foundations to resource US Latino ministry.
- Identifies church networks and/or denominations of US Latino churches who are looking for child discipleship equipping, solutions, resources, programs or curriculum.
- Forges partnerships with church networks and/or denominations that results in an equipping or resource providing relationship.
- Works with the marketing/messaging and sales team to build a successful pipeline of church inquiries, prospects and acquired churches.
- Develops a team of master trainers and trainers who will consult and equip with key churches, networks, denominations and initiatives.
- Works with the solutions team to develop or reconfigure appropriate child discipleship resources for churches and child and youth disciple makers and the leaders training resources.
- Prepares and presents the case for support of US Latino Ministry to donors and prospects. Secures donor commitments.
- Builds and maintains an appropriate donor portfolio of prospects and existing donors. Responsible for developing plans for cultivation of each donor. Achieves consistent annual growth of prospective and existing donors.
- Develops and nurtures partnership networks to expand ministry support.
- Properly records and maintains all donor or church partner/customer information in computer systems. Prepare and submit timely reports.
- Conducts research and impact evaluation of the Latino ministry to communicate ministry outcomes to donors, partners and Awana leadership.
- Performs efficiently within the team system and fulfills assigned team roles and responsibilities.
- Works closely and in collaboration with other US Ministries Leaders.
- Leads and supervises one team member directly and others indirectly. Monitors and evaluates the performance of direct report; gives on-going feedback and initiates and implements plans to train, develop, encourage, and assist workers to achieve work goals. Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability is clearly defined and understood. Deals with unsatisfactory work performance promptly and fairly, in accordance with applicable policies.
- Supports, upholds and demonstrates the Awana cultural values in internal and external communications and relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree in related field
Minimum 5 years’ experience in ministry in and for Latinos/Hispanics.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in donor development and ministry.
Valid US passport
Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Proven networker (success in building networks)
Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
Proven ability to influence others
Understanding of and sensitivity to cultures of US Latinos
Strong presentation skills and winsome in communication style (proficient in preparation and presentation)
Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
Ability to lead and manage team members, directly and indirectly
Must be born-again Christian. Must have personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and live life in alignment with the Word of God as set forth in our Doctrinal Statement. Must be in fellowship with the body of Christ through active commitment to local church. Engages regularly in God’s Word as a guide and standard for living.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Travel in the USA representing 50% of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job included close vision
Note: This position is grant-funded
1 East Bode Road
Streamwood, IL 60107-6658
Matt Markins– President and COO
Phone Number: 615-804-8784
284 total views, 8 views today