Family Ministry Summer Intern
The Riverlawn Family Ministry Summer Intern position is a paid summer internship aimed at fostering the growth and development of someone who is looking to pursue vocational ministry. Within this position, an intern will gain experience in leading, teaching, and developing a kids and student ministry within an atmosphere that is intentional about, and conducive towards, the development of the intern. Working with Riverlawn’s pastoral staff, the intern will have the opportunity to use their gifts to plan and lead several events, teach kids and students in large and small group settings, and attend summer camp. Interns will learn how to work in a multi-staff environment and be able to grow in and utilize administrative skills consistent with ministry. Throughout the summer, interns will also be provided
opportunities for further growth and development through several avenues (coaching, books, assessment, etc.). Interested candidates should send a resume or cover letter detailing their interest as well as listing any current or past ministry experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, February 28th, 2019.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Weekly mentor meetings with the supervising pastor.
• Personal development in exercising spiritual disciplines.
• Develop Christ-honoring relationships with volunteers and students. Regularly encourage children, students and volunteers in their discipleship journey.
• Seek to know as many children and students names as possible by the end of the summer.
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Attend elders’ meetings as directed by supervising pastor
• Be in attendance for all Sunday worship services and ministry activities for the summer.
• Planning, coordinating, and executing events with students and children as directed.
• Preparing and delivering a communion meditation for all three services.
• To learn and develop administrative skills such as creating a calendar, developing a teaching schedule, and planning a ministry budget.
• Plan and execute at least 2 Sunday morning experiences for the student ministry.
• Attend and participate in summer conference and camps as directed.
• Shadow staff members to learn about the various ministry functions of the church (including pastoral lunches to hear more about the pastor’s ministry area and be invested in).
• Attend student ministry meetings with youth, youth coaches, and families.
• Attend children’s ministry meetings with volunteers, youth coaches, and families.
• Learn time management skills consistent to working in a multi-staff ministry environment.
Thursday, May 30th – Thursday, August 8th, 2019
Riverlawn Christian Church
4243 N. Meridian
Wichita, KS 67204