POSITION: Full-Time Senior Pastor
CONGREGATION SIZE: 150
SALARY RANGE: Determined based on ability, skills and/or experience
EDUCATION: Minimum Requirement-Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Ministry
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT: Preferred qualifications include 5 years of experience in supported pastoral ministries and 1 to 3 years experience as a Senior Minister.
Mound City (http://www.moundcity.org/) is the county seat of beautiful Linn County, Kansas; conveniently located within 50 minutes of Overland Park, KS, south of the greater KC metro off highway 69. The area is renowned for sugar maple and other hardwood trees, exceptional hunting and fishing, the Sugar Mound Arts and Crafts Festival and the Linn County Fair. Mound City’s school system Jayhawk-Linn (www.usd346.org) enjoys strong community support. The church family includes several teachers, school employees from USD 346 and other school districts nearby. Mound City is a rural community of about 700 in a county of 9,500 that contains 5 residential lake developments.
Mound City Christian Church (MCCC) is a 150+ year-old congregation in a 6-year-old facility. MCCC strives to make a positive impact in the area community, providing its own weekly after-school outreach program, and by participating in the local Ministerial Association coordinating community Vacation Bible School, Easter Sunrise Services, etc. Staff includes a Family/Youth minister (with a growing program) and a part-time secretary.
The Senior Minister will work with the team of elders to provide vision and mission for the church. He is expected to project a sense of teamwork as he, the elders and staff seek God’s direction in setting goals, which will carry out God’s mission within our church and into our community. He will shepherd the congregation and will lead by example in the practice of Biblical spiritual disciplines.
- MINISTER: The Senior Minister is expected to prepare and preach scripture based relevant sermons each week, as well as help teach Sunday School or lead small groups.
- PASTOR: He will provide pastoral care with the Elders through visitation and prayer. Ability to serve our senior saints and connect to our younger families is important as well as providing family, premarital, bereavement, and (as qualified) other short-term counseling for the church family. Expectations also include officiating at wedding ceremonies, participating in funeral services, offering pastoral care to those who are sick, shut-in, and in need.
- ADMINISTRATION: The Senior Minister is directly responsible to the Board of Elders for direction, accountability, and communication. He is expected to maintain a cooperative, positive and supportive working relationship with Elder Board, other staff, lay ministry leaders, and congregation. He will organize worship team and services.
- REGIME: The position requires great flexibility in hours, days of week and location. The Senior Minister should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for reasonable accessibility and to perform pastoral duties.
Required qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Christian ministry and practical ministry experience within an organized church of the independent Christian church tradition (Restoration Movement). Preferred qualifications include 5 years of experience in supported pastoral ministries and 1 to 3 years experience as a Senior Minister. Candidates must relate well to people of all ages and have a Christ-like heart for the hurting and the lost.
Must submit the following materials electronically to the MCCC Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter that highlights your qualifications and fit for the position
- Include the names and contact information of at least four individuals familiar with your recent church ministry
- 1-2 sermons that demonstrate your preaching ability
email@example.com (Preferred method of contact)
Mound City Christian Church
418 Spruce St.
P.O. Box 158
Mound City, Ks. 66056