Full Time Student Minister (6th-12th Grade)
Red Brush Student Minister:
Do you love students? Do you have a passion for the future of the Church? Do you love the idea of partnering with parents in raising up the next generation? Are you a developer with a true passion for taking things to the next level? Does spending your days working for a cause bigger than yourself make your heart beat? Are you interested in helping a Christ-centered, gospel sharing church make disciples and impact its community?
Red Brush’s Student Minister will be responsible for the oversight and implementation of all Student Ministry (Middle and High school) efforts for Red Brush Christian Church. The main areas of emphasis will be Leading Life Change, Programming, Development of Life Groups, Volunteer Team Building, and Parent Partnerships. This person will be a high capacity, servant-hearted leader who is highly productive and pastorally motivated.
The Position: The Student Minister is responsible for the ministry efforts with our 6th-12th grade students. This includes developing and managing volunteer leaders, teaching, planning, and programming geared towards the goal of transforming young lives into young adults who will live for Jesus.
Red Brush Vision Statement: Red Brush Christian Church exists to prepare people for Christ’s return by serving God and loving others.
Position Purpose: To provide spiritual and organizational leadership for RBCC Student Ministry. The Student Minister is called to oversee a meaningful, consistent, and purposeful ministry that will effectively lead students towards the next step of their spiritual development and life change.
Cultural Description of RBCC
- RBCC is located in rural America; a wholesome farming community
- RBCC is a family church with a progressive growth mindset (currently 450-500 in attendance)
- Full time staff includes Lead Min, Admin Min, Worship Min, Pastoral Min, Office Asst. Facilities Manager.
- Part time staff includes Pre-school Min, Elementary Min, Office Asst.
Five Essential Areas of Qualification:
1) Ministry Experience & Education:
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelors degree in Youth Ministry, Religion, or Biblical studies (extensive ministry experience in some cases can be substituted for this requirement)
- Possess 3-5 years of ministry experience with students
- Experience in serving or leading a week of church camp
- Experience in leading a group of 50+ students
- Ability to deliver God’s Word creatively through preaching and teaching Ability to plan and/or oversee all student ministry programs and events
- Experience in recruitment, scheduling, Curriculum selection and implementation, as well as Communication,
- Ability to develop adult volunteers and unify them on a set vision.
- Determine and implement retreat/camp/mission trip experiences for students
2) Qualifications and Skills:
- Possess a personable and teachable spirit demonstrated by a willingness to grow and learn
- Possess and display a strong work ethic and ability to be self-motivated
- A self-starter mindset with attention to detail and a passion for excellence.
- Ability to work alongside other staff members – mindset of humility and unity
- Ability to know when to have fun and when to be the responsible adult
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to deal with a variety of people in different situations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
3) Spiritual Expectations:
- Be a person of Christian Character – Possess the qualifications listed in I Tim. 3:1-7
- Model a life of integrity and Christ- likeness to the students and youth coaches. (speech, life, love faith and purity)
- Approach ministry with a dependence upon God through prayer
- Spiritual maturity that understands the relational boundaries with students
4) Gifts and Passions:
- Unconditional love for kids and students
- Heart for the lost – outreach driven
- Heart to serve and encourage others
- Heart for making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Heart for helping the church grow
- Agreement with RBCC’s Statement of Faith (attached)
- Agreement with the Christian Church Doctrine (Restoration Movement)
- Agreement with the Biblical teaching concerning cultural issues
- Agreement with the discipline of tithing
- Agreement that God’s Word is the authority for determining truth
Bonus Ministry Experience
- Experience leading college age students
- Ability to speak Spanish would be a plus, but not necessary
- Completed a student ministry internship
- Familiarity with the Think Orange Philosophy
- Being a Family Church, our preference is a Married Candidate
Supervision: The Student Minister serves under the auspices of the Elders of Red Brush Christian Church. This position directly reports to the Administrative Minister but is also under the supervision of the Lead Minister.
Compensation Package Includes:
- Salary commensurate with experience and education.
- Parsonage is provided
- Health Insurance stipend
Red Brush Christian Church
16707 Hwy 45
Louisville, IL 62858