Riverlawn General Pastoral Summer Intern
The Riverlawn General Pastoral Summer Intern position is a paid summer internship aimed at
fostering the growth and development of someone who is looking to pursue vocational ministry.
Within this position, an intern will gain experience in leading, teaching, and coordinating ministry
within an atmosphere that is intentional about, and conducive towards, the development of the
intern. Working with Riverlawn’s pastoral staff, the intern will have the opportunity to use their
gifts to plan and lead several events, teach in large and small group settings, attend summer
camp, and work closely with lead and executive pastor. Interns will also be working in multiple
ministry areas, such as students, children’s, and worship. Interns will learn how to work in a
multi-staff environment and be able to grow in and utilize administrative skills consistent with
ministry. Throughout the summer, interns will also be provided opportunities for further growth
and development through several avenues (coaching, books, assessment, etc.). Interested
candidates should send a resume or cover letter detailing their interest as well as listing any
current or past ministry experiences to email@example.com no later than Friday April 7, 2018.
• Weekly mentor meetings with the supervising pastor.
• Personal development in exercising spiritual disciplines.
• Develop Christ-honoring relationships with volunteers and staff.
• Seek to know as many names here at Riverlawn as possible by the end of the summer.
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Attend elders’ meetings as directed by supervising pastor
• Be in attendance for all Sunday worship services and ministry activities for the summer, as
directed by supervising pastor.
• Help to plan, coordinate, and execute events as directed.
• Preparing and delivering a communion meditation for all three services.
• To learn and develop administrative skills such as planning a calendar, developing a
teaching schedule, and planning a ministry budget.
• Plan and execute at least 2 Sunday morning experiences for the student ministry.
• Attend and participate in summer conference and camps as directed.
• Help coordinate and work the Fireworks Stand student fundraiser.
• Shadow staff members to learn about the various ministry functions of the church
(including pastoral lunches to hear more about the pastor’s ministry area and be
• Attend meetings as directed by supervising pastor.
• Learn time management skills consistent to working in a multi-staff ministry environment.
Riverlawn Christian Church
4243 N Meridian
Wichita, KS 67204