Jr./Sr. High School Minister Full Time
Title: Next Generation Minister/Pastor
Location: Wilkinson, Indiana
Church Size: 500 ave. attendance with approx. 700 members/ reg. attendees
Youth Group Size: 80
Reports to: Lead Pastor & Elders (Specific Elder over Next Gen. Minister)
Status of Position: Full Time, Salaried (Currently not filled)
Purpose: WCC is all about changing lives. We do this through relationships, first with Jesus Christ and second with the Body of Christ. We follow the mission of Christ that He lays out in Matthew 28. (The Great Commission) Our Next Generation Ministry should mirror this.
i) Design Sunday School for Jr. & Sr. high school (Teach and lead one
or the other or rotate)
ii) Attend both First and Second Service
iii) Willing to fill in where needed. (Welcome Video, announcements)
iv) Organize and lead “Youth Sunday” 2-3 times per year
v) Sunday Nights:
(1) Design and implement student ministries for Jr. & Sr. high
(a) Student-Level Message
(b) Student Lead Worship
(c) Life Groups for Students
(e) Groups Games
(f) Free time
(g) Schedule Child Care for Sponsors’ kids under KG age
(2) Recruit & Train Adult Youth Coaches/ Sponsors
(3) Recruit & Train Student Leaders
vi) Organize & Execute 3-4 Large Events per year
(2) Ski Retreat
(3) CIY MOVE
(4) CIY Believe
vii) Organize & Execute 3-4 Small Events per year
(2) Super Bowl Party
(4) Bowling, In door rock climbing, paintball, etc…
viii) Relationship Building
(1) Regular School Lunch Visits
(2) Attend Extra-curricular activities of students (Sporting events, concerts, Co. Fair etc…)
(3) Coaching and School involvement is strongly encouraged
(4) Be apart of FCA in our local schools (Fellowship of Christian Athletes)
ix) General Ministry
(1) Funerals- when appropriate
(2) Hospital Calls- when appropriate
(3) Community Involvement
(4) Weddings- when appropriate
(5) Assisting with Church events and helping other staff when needed
(3) Youth Coach & Training
Prefer 2 to 4 years or more of experience in youth ministry with a ministry of 50 plus students.
Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and to manage time & schedule wisely.
Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
Must have a proven ability to work effectively with youth, young adults, parents, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
Must be a team player.
Must be relational and have a heart for Christ and a personal desire to grow to be more like Him.