Kid’s Ministry Summer Intern
At First MB Church, we believe internships allow college students to be immersed in a variety of ministries, gain valuable experience and training, discern future ministry plans, and deepen their commitment to the Lord.
- Fill out the online application (firstmbchurch.org/intern), including references and a separate page describing your personal faith journey and calling into kids’ ministry.
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPENSATION
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a calling for kids’ ministry.
- Is at least one year removed from high school graduation.
- Should have access to some form of transportation.
- Must accept the role of a leader and mentor to kids by providing an example of faith and pure conduct (principles found in 1 Timothy 3).
- Must attend First MB Church for the duration of the internship.
- Work 40 hours per week (determined by Kids’ Ministry Pastor). Some evenings and Sunday mornings are required.
- The salary for 10 weeks will is competitive, plus ministry expenses.
Note: Responsibilities may be added or changed to fit the giftedness and particular passions of the intern, as well as to meet unforeseen needs within the Kids’ Ministry.
- The intern will report weekly and work under the direct supervision of the Kids’ Ministry Pastor who has worked as a student/kids pastor for 22 years.
- To serve in all aspects of Kids’ Ministry:
- Vacation Bible School – could include recreation, drama, teaching, etc.
- Preteen Ministry- Work along-side our Preteen Director for our weekly 316 program
- Involvement in summer Sunday School classes
- Work to help plan our summer outreach events (WinShape Camp, and VBS event involving BMX ministry called Outcast.
- Camp counseling
- Family events
- Read two assigned books; one on general church ministry and the other on kids’ ministry.
- Devise a plan, with the help of the Kid’s Ministry Pastor, for personal and spiritual growth.
- Attend office staff meetings and Kids’ Ministry team meetings.
- The intern will meet several times with all other church interns for a time of debrief and training in such areas as assimilation, communication, church structure, and character.
- If summer internship is for school requirements we will be flexible to help you meet those requirements.