Riverlawn Kids and Students Summer Intern
The Riverlawn Kids and Students Summer Intern position is a paid summer internship aimed at
fostering the growth and development of someone who is looking to pursue vocational ministry.
Within this position, an intern will gain experience in leading, teaching, and developing a kids
and student ministry within an atmosphere that is intentional about, and conducive towards, the
development of the intern. Working with Riverlawn’s pastoral staff, the intern will have the
opportunity to use their gifts to plan and lead several events, teach kids and students in large
and small group settings, and attend summer camp. Interns will learn how to work in a multi-
staff environment and be able to grow in and utilize administrative skills consistent with ministry.
Throughout the summer, interns will also be provided opportunities for further growth and
development through several avenues (coaching, books, assessment, etc.). Interested
candidates should send a resume or cover letter detailing their interest as well as listing any
current or past ministry experiences to email@example.com no later than Friday April 7, 2018.
• All school assignments in a timely manner.
• Weekly mentor meetings with the supervising pastor.
• Personal development in exercising spiritual disciplines.
• Develop Christ-honoring relationships with volunteers and students. Regularly encourage
children, students and volunteers in their discipleship journey.
• Seek to know as many children and students names as possible by the end of the
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Attend elders’ meetings as directed by supervising pastor
• Be in attendance for all Sunday worship services and ministry activities for the summer.
• Planning, coordinating, and executing events with students and children as directed.
• Preparing and delivering a communion meditation for all three services.
• To learn and develop administrative skills such as planning a calendar, developing a
teaching schedule, and planning a ministry budget.
• Plan and execute at least 2 Sunday morning experiences for the student ministry.
• Attend and participate in summer conference and camps as directed.
• Help coordinate and work the Fireworks Stand student fundraiser.
• Shadow staff members to learn about the various ministry functions of the church
(including pastoral lunches to hear more about the pastor’s ministry area and be
• Attend student ministry meetings with youth, youth coaches, and families.
• Attend children’s ministry meetings with volunteers, youth coaches, and families.
• Learn time management skills consistent to working in a multi-staff ministry environment.
Riverlawn Christian Church
4243 N Meridian
Wichita, KS 67204