General Summary of Position:
Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ through preaching and teaching; engage in pastoral care; and provide administrative leadership.
- Character: Shall be an example to believers and unbelievers alike in personal godliness (I Timothy 4:12) and agree with the JCC statement of faith. 2. Call: Shall believe that God has truly called him into ministry, and this ministry in particular.
- Credential: Shall have training, competence, and experience in areas needed to stretch and lead the ministry.
- Compatibility: Shall have demonstrated the ability to work harmoniously in a multiple staff environment.
Detailed Job Description:
The responsibilities of the Lead/Preaching Minister will include, but not be limited to, those listed below:
- Spend adequate time in study and preparation each week in order to deliver biblical and inspirational sermons.
- Prepare long-range preaching plans to help facilitate worship planning. • Work with worship leader(s) in the planning of worship services.
- Pastoral Care
- Work with the elders to ensure the pastoral care of members including hospital, nursing home, and in-home visitation.
- Provide for the follow-up of prospective members.
- Provide spiritual, short-term counseling and/or referrals as needed. • Provide pre-marital counseling. Officiate weddings. Perform funeral services. • Be available for crisis situations.
- Administrative Leadership
- Guide JCC in the fulfillment of its mission to help people find, follow, and be like Jesus.
- Work with the elders to discern and cast the vision of JCC.
- Empower the leaders, staff, ministries and members to implement the vision. • Lead the elders in an annual strategic planning meeting.
- Lead the ministry staff in weekly meetings.
- Promote outreach into the community and surrounding areas.
- Personal & Professional Growth
- Demonstrate a commitment to becoming more like Jesus through the practice of various spiritual disciplines.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing knowledge and understanding of God’s Word.
- Model for the congregation what it means to help people find, follow, and be like Jesus.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development through reading books and articles, attending workshops, conferences, and conventions, and listening to podcasts.
- Maintain proper priorities at home with his wife and children.
These are specific needs we see for this particular season of ministry that Journey is in. • Able to raise up, train, and lead ministry team leaders. Motivate, support, encourage, and empower them to do ministry.
- Cast vision and help rebuild our small group program.
- Alongside of Elders, help discern the next position hire(s), what our needs are, and find the best hires for these positions.
- A good communicator who is able to preach Biblical and relevant sermons to the congregation.
- Someone who is personable, and a people person that will be involved in our community.
Not having these does not disqualify one from being hired, but those having these qualities will be given preference.
- Primary gifts in leadership, leadership development, pastoral ministry and preaching.
- 10 years of ministry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a Christian college associated with the Independent Christian Church.
- Experience in leading or serving in a multi-staff environment.
- Experience in leading teams and developing leaders.
- Demonstration of the ability to cast organizational vision, and helping organizations develop and execute a strategy that leads to sustained growth both numerically, and in spiritual depth.
Journey Christian Church
1110 E. 7th St. Wayne, NE 68787
63 total views, 12 views today