Title: Local and Global Missions Minister
Current Classification: Full-Time, Salaried
FLSA Status: Ministerial/Exempt
The Local and Global Missions Minister will lead the effort to share the Gospel worldwide and in the greater Springfield Community.
To empower the people of First Christian Church to impact their community and the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ; to grow and develop FCC’s local and global mission programs and provide opportunities for missionaries and church members to meet the Great Commission.
• Create opportunities for FCC members to experience a mission trip, thereby enhancing their faith walk
• Create opportunities that encourage people to share the Gospel
• Develop and implement strategies that enable people to engage others with the gospel
• Equip and release the people of First Christian Church to affect the world and the local community with the Gospel
• Remain current on curriculum and other ministry trends in the areas of local and global outreach. This may be accomplished by online course study, reading books and periodicals, and attending approved training, events, and peer-to-peer networking
• Create an environment that encourages people to be the Gospel both locally and globally
• Develop relationships, especially with our faith based, community outreach partners
o Oversee and develop opportunities to love and share Christ with Springfield and the surrounding communities
• Oversee all local and global mission opportunities at First Christian Church
• Oversee the missions budget
• Maintain constant contact with FCC global and local missionaries
• Design, promote and oversee all mission trips opportunities
• Network with local community leaders for the purpose of developing partnerships
• Oversee FCC outreach events
• Participates in regular ministerial duties related to pastoral care
• Act as Preaching Pastor when needed.
• Other duties as assigned