CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coach up to 45 matches according to Youth Horizon’s mentoring coaching
2. Participate in regular training opportunities with the mentoring team (speaking
practice, case studies, outside speakers on specific topics, etc.)
3. Contribute to the newsletter and monthly mentoring updates
4. Regular and active participation in the New Mentor Orientation rotation
5. Regular and active participation in volunteer recruitment activities in churches, civic
groups, and other organizations (including public speaking when appropriate)
6. Attend scheduled supervision, mentoring huddle, and training meetings
7. Participate in mentoring events (Easter Sun Run, Awards Party, Christmas Party,
Monthly Game Nights, etc.)
8. Interviewing children and families coming into the mentoring program
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Supervision with Mentoring Director on a weekly basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Education required. Training available. No experience
required. A strong desire to share the love of Jesus with the fatherless and poverty
children in our community is a must. You must posses a sincere belief in the inerrancy of
the Bible. You must be active in your local church. Good communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physical demands are very limited. Employee may be asked,
or needed, to help set up tables, chairs and other equipment for events. During
mentoring events, the opportunity for physical exertion usually exists.
NON-PHYSICAL DEMANDS: A sincere love for our Lord and for children.
PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Advancement opportunities are dependent on the
growth of our organization.
1601 E Douglas
Wichita, KS 67211