Next Generation Director
The Next Generation Director will contribute to the purpose and vision of Good News Gathering by leading, directing, and guiding the student ministries. The focus of this position will be to ensure that GNG’s Next Generation ministries (all ministries serving students from cradle to college) effectively create fully functioning followers of Christ, as defined in GNG’s Purpose, Vision, Values, Framework (PVVF). The person selected will be based solely on qualifications and fit to the team/position, as well as the future of this area of ministry.
Provide leadership for the Next Generation ministries and ministry leaders.
Oversee and guide ministries that assist children and students to:
- GET: Decide to pursue a relationship with Christ
- GROW: More deeply in their faith through spiritual disciplines
- GIVE: Of themselves through self-less service
- GO: Make disciples of those who don’t know Christ.
The following comprise the major responsibilities of the Next Generation Director. Review and adjustment of these responsibilities may occur. Additional duties, as assigned by the Leadership Team, Teaching Pastor, and Operations Administrator, may be required.
- Provide regular leadership training to the ministry leaders in the department.
- Organize annual teacher training.
- Ensure the ongoing training and equipping of teachers and other volunteers.
- Develop, equip, and empower a leader to oversee the basic functions of Birth-Pre-K/K-3/4 th and 5 th Grade/Middle School Ministry/High School Ministry. Eventual delegation of some of the following responsibilities may occur as the Next Generation Director is able to develop, equip, and empower leaders under him/her.
- Actively recruit volunteers for involvement in the Next Generation Department.
- Create a system for onboarding new volunteers insuring compliance with insurance guidelines prior to service.
- Conduct regular trainings for new volunteers including, but not limited to: Risk Management Training, New Volunteer Training, etc.
- Conduct regular planning meetings with ministry leaders and volunteers in order to: improve current ministry operations, assist ministry leaders in creating high-impact service and learning opportunities outside of Sunday services, effectively attack particular ministry challenges, etc.
- Develop ministries/ministry opportunities as needed within the Next Generation Department.
- Create assessment tools for evaluating ministries and ministry leaders, and progress toward ministry/ministry leader goals. Provide at least one annual assessment of each ministry in his/her department.
- Coordinate the selection, purchase, and distribution of educational materials.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the material being used in the various ministries.
- Ensure that all curriculum is in agreement with GNG’s Statement of Faith and PVVF, and is aligned with GNG’s theological views.
- Ensure that all curriculum is aligned with the ministry-specific educational standards
- Build a team tasked with creating ongoing curriculum for GNG’s Next Generation Department.
- Oversee the budget creation for each ministry within the Next Generation Department.
- Oversee the effective use of the budgeted funds.
- Encourage compliance with GNG’s budget goals/philosophy among ministry leaders.
- Be available to teach occasionally in the various ministries if necessary.
- Teach in no particular ministry on a weekly basis.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Some weekend and weeknight availability is expected.
- Assist ministry leaders in creating a safe and caring environment for students by:
– Coordinating van transportation for students being taken off-site.
– Ensure all van drivers for students are insured by GNG.
– Ensure appropriate permission has been granted for off-site activities and transportation.
– Implement guidelines for youth behavior and safety on all activities.
- This is a full-time, salaried position, operating 40-hours per week.
- Holidays and vacation time.
- This job operates in an office environment, and this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones/fax, copiers, filing cabinets and. This equipment, along with office space, will be provided by GNG.
- This individual suitable for this position should be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Specifics about work scheduling will be discussed with and approved by the Operations Administrator and/or Teaching Pastor.
- It is expected that the individual accepting this position will also serve in a volunteer capacity with GNG in various ways throughout the year (e.g. Free Sale, Haiti Mission, special event/Sunday morning service, external/outreach events, etc.).
- A committed relationship with Jesus Christ that includes: 1) a profession of faith in Christ, 2) admitting of one’s own sin, 3) baptism, and 4) a commitment on his/her life to following Christ (including the consistent practice of ongoing spiritual disciplines).
- Agreement with, and a willingness to teach/lead in accordance with the GNG Statement of Faith.
- A passion for leading ministry leaders to effectively serve children and families to become fully functioning followers of Christ.
- The capacity for developing healthy and growing ministry programs.
- A team-player mindset with the confidence, ability, and enthusiasm to provide leadership for ministry leaders and volunteers.
- Self-motivated leader with effective people management skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Experience with student ministry involvement, school administration/teaching, or curriculum management would be helpful.
- Education in the fields of Education/Administration, Leadership or Management would be helpful in this position.
- Responses can be dropped off at the church office, faxed to 937.393.3574, or
emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please apply by submitting the following by July 20 th , 2016:
– Cover Letter
Good News Gathering
6250 US 62
Hillsboro, OH 45133