Next Generation Minister (Student Ministry Emphasis)
MISSION AND VISION OF THE CHURCH:
To meet people where they are and move them closer to Jesus. We do this through: having hearts for worship, minds for study, and feet for service. We value: being Gospel centered, being willing to risk, being boldly compassionate, developing and strengthening leaders, and making an impact through experiencing the wonder of God in creation.
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to all next generation ministries from nursery through college alongside our Children’s Ministry Director while serving as an energetic spiritual leader and role model specifically for our Jr. High and High School age students. Partner with parents, volunteers, staff and elders to ground children & students in the foundations of faith so that they will not stray from their faith and love of Jesus Christ (Proverbs 22:6), so that they may mature into future leaders of the church.
The Next Generation Minister (Youth Ministry Emphasis) is responsible for direct leadership of Jr. High and High School age students while overseeing all the church’s ministries to children and students ages 0-college alongside the Children’s Ministry Director. He will plan & oversee the ministries to teach the values of Christian faith; to live in grace and walk in love; to equip our children and students to know God’s Word and serve His Church with sincerity and integrity.
To complement the gifts and disposition that our leadership is currently blessed with, the Next Generation Minister should have a gifts/disposition mix of 3 of the following: leadership, teaching, administrative skills, dynamic people skills.
- A desire to see everyone engage with Jesus wherever they are and move closer to Him.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Clearly possess the character qualifications listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- A strong understanding of Scripture; postgraduate degree preferred in Bible theology or ministry.
- A strong passion for ministries to children and students (specifically to teens) and seeing both parents and children/students grow in the faith.
- Possess verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively preach & teach outside of their concentrated ministries.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, healthy relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities. Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the environment, to change approach or method as is most fitting for each situation and be able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- A proven desire to equip empower and release adult volunteers to work with children, students, and parents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with church leadership to coordinate all church programs and functions in concert with the church’s overall mission, vision, and purpose statement.
- Be an advocate for children & students and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of children & students in the local church and community.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement all student activities with and through ministry volunteers (connection groups, camps, retreats, parties, mission trips, youth conferences, worship, outreach, etc.).
- Mentor children & students in developing their leadership skills.
- Work with other ministry leaders/parents/volunteers to develop strategies that will impact our community for Christ.
- Represent the interests and safety of the children & students in the church’s care at all decision making meetings and sessions.
- Participate in training opportunities and continuing education.
- Organize training and planning sessions for children & students leaders/workers with our children’s ministry leader.
- Maintain the church’s child protection policy.
- Provide leadership and serve as shepherd to the children & student ministry leadership team.
- Look for fresh ideas and ways to keep children & students and parents engaged
- Work alongside our Children’s Ministry leader to approve all children & student ministries programs, curricula, and activities in the Orange Ministry Model.
- Assist in development, submission, and monitoring the budgets for all of the next generation ministries with our Children’s Ministry Leader.
- Minister directly to the students in your care – praying, visiting, counseling, discipling.
- Effectively communicate with parents and guardians of the students.
- Be prepared to effectively teach the congregation as a whole when needed.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
- 2 weeks paid vacation, sick pay, & all major holidays
- While we believe in the power of synergy for staff working together at the same time, flex time is also available per the discretion of the lead minister and elders.
MORE ABOUT MVA and MARION:
Mount Vernon Avenue Church of Christ is located in Marion, OH in the county seat of Marion County in the center of the state. Marion is a historically rich small city that is generally rural but enjoys many of the amenities of larger urban settings without the congestion of a large population. We are approximately 45 minutes north of Columbus, Oh and about an hour and a half south of Lake Erie.
For more information on Marion, OH:
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Next Gen Minister” by Aug 31 to be considered. Thank you!
947 Mt. Vernon Ave
Marion, OH 43302