Online Outreach Minister
|BLUE SPRINGS CHRISTIAN CHURCH MISSION:
Guiding people into fully devoted relationship with Jesus – together.
A strong digital ministry is vitally important in communicating and connecting with people. The position of the Online Outreach Associate Minister will take a lead role in the online ministries and outreach of Blue Springs Christian Church (BSCC) and will assist with on-campus outreach efforts including leadership of the Guest Services Team. This position reports to the Minister of Outreach but works in collaboration with all ministry staff.
- Energetic leadership and people skills with the ability to motivate, inspire, equip, and encourage individuals and teams.
- Excellent relational skills (diplomatic, caring, active listener, and commitment to confidentiality).
- Knowledge and regular use of online platforms. (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience with WordPress preferred.
- Ability to have spiritual conversations with both churched and unchurched people.
- A highly relational “connector” of people.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work positively and lead change in a team-based environment
- Understanding of and willingness to reach for a high standard of excellence
- Ability to manage multiple projects and processes together
- High level computer skills (Microsoft Suite, Google Calendar & Docs, other platforms)
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional IQ
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; paid church staff experienced preferred
- Understands the need for confidentiality within the church setting
- Committed to the mission, vision, and beliefs of BSCC and the Independent Christian Church movement.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle
- Considers this position a mission and a ministry, not just a job
- Models standards and expectations of the Leadership Expectations of BSCC
BLUE SPRINGS CHRISTIAN CHURCH RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accommodates individual needs and requests timely, positively and professionally and is willing to assist with other duties as assigned by supervisor to further the work of Christ in our community and around the world.
- Maintains a productive and harmonious working relationship with all staff members and church members.
- Participates and contributes in team meetings, all church activities and/or other project work.
- Committed to the mission, vision, and beliefs of BSCC and the Independent Christian Church movement. This includes financially contributing to the mission of the church.
- Will work closely with the Minister of Outreach to establish and expand the online ministries of Blue Springs Christian Church.
- Will recruit, train, and lead a team for posting and welcoming people to our online campus.
- Will take the lead in online follow-up and tracking of metrics.
- Will spend 20-25% of his/her time assisting the NextGen Team in the establishment and growth of online Student and Children’s Ministries.
- Will assist with website updates and newsletter creation.
- Will create and schedule social media posts and events for both the general church and NextGen social media accounts.
- Will consistently monitor and evaluate all BSCC social media accounts, expanding as appropriate.
- Will lead the Guest Services Team and ministry at both Thursday and Sunday services.
- Will help manage guest follow up, cue processes, and assist with Steps classes as needed.
WORKING HOURS AND PAY RATE INFORMATION:
- This is a full-time exempt, salaried position.
I understand that this job description describes the general duties of my job and I am responsible for performing these duties as well as other duties assigned which may not be listed. I have read the above job description and fully understand the requirements of this job.
Staff Member Signature: __________________________________ Date: ________________
Printed Name: _____________________________________________________________________
Executive Pastor: ___________________________________________________________________
Blue Springs Christian Church
7920 South 7 Highway Blue Springs, MO 64014
255 total views, 6 views today