Outdoor Adventure Ministry Summer Staff
Name of open position: Outdoor Adventure Ministry Summer Staff
Description of position: Noah’s Ark Whitewater Rafting & Adventure Co. is a seasonal operation nestled in the Collegiate Peaks in the Arkansas River valley in central Colorado. We are one of the largest outfitters in Colorado, providing rafting, rock climbing, and mountaineering programs for more than 25,000+ guests every year, including families, corporate businesses, church groups, youth organizations, and camps. Each summer, we employ 100+ college students from all over the country. We are looking for people who have a strong desire for ministry in the outdoors and a passion for serving people in an adventure setting.
SEASONAL POSITIONS INCLUDE:
- RAFTING GUIDE: Leads whitewater rafting trips, day hikes, and rock climbing trips (2 summer commitment required). No previous rafting experience necessary!
- ADVENTURE GUIDE: Leads 3-6 day backpacking trips, day hikes, rock climbing trips, and trips on the Browns Canyon Adventure Park (2 summer commitment required). Previous outdoor experience preferred.
- ADVENTURE PARK FACILITATOR: Focuses daily on facilitating a memorable experience for guests on the Browns Canyon Adventure Park, a 60+ element aerial challenge course.
- OFFICE STAFF / RESERVATIONS: Responsible for answering phones, welcoming customers, selling merchandise in our retail store, and helping guests with the trip check-in process.
- FOOD SERVICE: Packs, preps, cooks, and bakes all meals served in the field and in the Noah’s Ark Riverside pavilion.
- LAND CREW: In charge of property maintenance, landscaping, and campground cleanliness. Occasionally helps with minor construction projects.
- BUS DRIVERS: Shuttles guests to and from rafting put-ins, take-outs, climb sites and backcountry trailheads (Commercial Driver’s License necessary).
- MARKETING INTERN: Helps with Trip Advisor, social media, blog maintenance, email marketing, post-trip follow-up, brochure distribution, and more.
Because of our desire to impact the guests we serve, applicants must also demonstrate the following:
- Highly motivated
- Well-developed relational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Commitment to ministry
- Passion for the outdoors
Interested? Give us a call at 719-395-2158 anytime on or after January 9th to start the hiring process. If you have any questions in the meantime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
23910 US HWY 285
Buena Vista, CO 81211