Pastor of Worship and Youth
Would you like to be a part of a church that has more than tripled their weekly attendance in the past three years? Would you like to participate in what God is doing to change lives in a rural area? Codell Community Church is a non-denominational church located in Codell, Kansas, which is halfway between the Plainville and Natoma communities. We currently hold weekly contemporary worship services with a live band and have seen continued growth over the past 3 years. This congregation averaged 30 in July of 2016, averaged 75 in October of 2018, and 96 in January of 2020. We are at the beginning stages of developing plans for a building project to meet the needs of a growing congregation and look forward to what God has in store for us as we help people far from God find life in Jesus!
The Worship and Youth Pastor at Codell Community Church should demonstrate a healthy relationship with Christ by maintaining character traits that glorify God, while authentically loving and blessing others. This individual would sense a call into ministry while also appreciating the rural culture of the region. Primary areas of responsibility would include leading the worship team and youth ministry, and working with the Lead Pastor to further the vision of Codell Community Church.
This pastor must demonstrate a maturity in the faith by leading the church in theologically sound worship and prayer throughout the service and by understanding the significance of leading God’s people in worship. He/she should use good discernment in choosing the songs that the church will sing as a body of Believers. In addition to worship leading, the ministry intern must be passionate about youth ministry and able to relate to youth in appropriate ways that challenge their faith and promote spiritual maturity.
o Support and strengthen the mission and vision of Codell Community Church.
o Be willing to work as a team with the Lead Pastor, Leadership Team, and other musicians.
o Ability to lead songs vocally & musically.
o Lead the church in worshiping God through the music portion of the worship services.
o Help recruit potential participants in the worship and youth ministries.
o Train worship team participants through regular practices in groups or as individuals.
o Be willing to design worship services with the pastor and volunteers.
o Coordinate aspects of the worship arts within worship services (i.e. video, ProPresenter, audio, participants, etc.…)
o Lead special events and services.
- Create and execute a long-term church aligned vision for Codell Community Church’s youth ministry.
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteers with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Promote an environment where students feel connected to each other as a church family; where each student is valued and celebrated.
- Invest and engage relationally with youth.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Partner with the Lead Pastor at Codell Community Church as you equip parents effectively fulfill their Christian parenting roles.
- Provide biblical counseling and spiritual direction to team leaders and students on an individual basis as needed.
- Create fun and meaningful opportunities for all youth to connect and grow together.
- Ensure safe and healthy classroom/small group environments.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
Codell Community Church would also consider a husband & wife team who could divide the roles and responsibilities that are listed above.
If interested, please call or email:
Pastor Thayne @ 785-656-3923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website for more information at: www.comegrowtogether.com & check us out on Facebook at:
Codell Community Church
409 Codell Rd. Codell, KS
Pastor Thayne 785-656-3923
1,080 total views, 12 views today