Pastor to Students
Northwest Christian Church, a dynamic, growing church of 450 in the northwest suburbs of Atlanta, GA is searching for the right person to join their team as Pastor to Students. This church has a bold vision to reach 1% of people within a 10-mile radius of their campus in order to help them discover something greater: a greater faith, a greater community, a greater impact…a greater life in Christ! We need a Pastor to Students who is passionate about his/her calling to ministry and who will help us achieve our vision. The Pastor to Students is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of students, grades 6 through College. This includes leadership of weekly programs (youth group and discipleship groups) and periodic special events for students (conferences, trips, and service projects).
The right person for this position will have the following personal and professional qualifications:
- A passionate Christ follower who loves Jesus with all their heart, soul, and mind and knows how to help others on their journey with Christ.
- A dynamic leader who is willing to work hard but who also knows how to work through others and doesn’t feel the need to do everything on their own.
- A creative problem solver who is willing to challenge the status quo.
- A team member who can play well with other people.
- Someone who knows how to plan and organize and who is able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- A person who takes initiative and doesn’t wait around to be told what to do.
- A fun-loving person who is quick to laugh at themselves (and sometimes others…with the love of Christ of course!)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies or related field is required. Extensive experience in student ministry leadership may be substituted on a case by case basis.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in full-time ministry at a growing church is desirable.
- An abiding love for Thai food, good coffee, and apple products is a huge plus but not required.
This is a full-time (45+ hours/week) salary position. A competitive wage, flexible benefits package, two full days off each week, monthly prayer days, and a generous relocation allowance are provided.
Acworth, GA is an amazing place to live with award-winning schools, low cost of living, and an abundance of recreational opportunities. The chairman of elders also has a pretty sweet boat he allows the staff to use at any time. What else can you ask for?
Please email a resume and cover letter, list of references (they actually check these!), a brief statement of faith, and list of 5 favorite movies to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will receive a response within 72 hours. Northwest is moving quickly on this search, so you will know where you stand at all times in the process.
Northwest Christian Church
3737 Dallas Acworth Hwy. NW
Acworth, GA 30101