Church: Iroquois Valley Christian Church
Town: Rensselaer Indiana
– Preaching on a bi-weekly basis
– Leading and Co-Leading Bible Studies
– Preparing sermons with bi-vocational minister (Clifton Bryan Hart)
– Making calls, showing hospitality, and being involved in community
– Must hold to doctrine that aligns well with the Restoration Movement interpretation of the Bible.
– Must be familiar with in-depth Bible Study. Ability to study Greek and Hebrew important (I, Clifton, tend to use Logos though 🙂
– Must regularly communicate with eldership, secretary and bi-vocational minister to make sure any concerns, questions or plans are clear.
– Must live up to ethical standards expected of a leader as a Christian.
– Salary: Negotiable.
– Hours of Work Expected: 30-40
– This position is meant to help cultivate a younger minister through the mentoring of the elders and the bi-vocational minister. Preparing sermons would be a shared process, and we would trade doing the sermons roughly every other week.
– Send in your resume (including your statement of faith, philosophy of ministry and references…yep we do end up caring about that philosophy of ministry paragraph you may have written for a professor. 🙂
PO BOX 87
2335 Bunkum Road
Rensselaer, IN 47978