First Christian Church in Plainville, Kansas is seeking a full-time minister. This opening is ideal for a minister of any experience level, but who can relate to all ages. We are looking for a man with a Restoration Movement background, called to our church, with the desire to lead our congregation in expanding God’s kingdom within our community. The job description
includes preaching from the pulpit, teaching classes, and representing the community and congregation. The congregation will provide a salary and a 3 bedroom, 2 bath parsonage. Plainville is a small town of approximately 2,000 people in northwest Kansas. We are a working congregation, with average Sunday service attendance of 135 people, willing to work with the minister to deliver the message of Christ to the community. For more information about the church, position, and how to apply, please go to our webpage at http://fccplainville.com.
Senior Minister Job Description
First Christian Church
• A degree (either Bachelors or Masters) from an accredited Restoration college or seminary.
• Five years of full-time ministry experience is preferred.
• Experience in leading people.
• Understanding and agreement with the church’s statement of beliefs.
• A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1 :5-9).
• A calling to pastoral leadership.
• Grow and maintain a Spirit-filled personal walk with Jesus through Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
• Maintain Godly priorities in all areas of life outside of the church.
• Develop opportunities for personal evangelism inside and outside the church.
• Be a life-long learner in areas of Biblical Studies and Ministry.
• Be a team player who is able to develop strong relationships with church volunteers, the Church Board, and members of the congregation.
• Proclaiming the Gospel through sermons, lessons, etc.
• Provide visitation, counsel, and encouragement to those in need.
• Participate and provide report at monthly meeting of the Church Board.
• Serve alongside the Elders as the spiritual leaders of the church.
• Recruit, develop, and train new volunteers.
• Other duties as agreed upon with the Church Board.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Love for all ages is a must.
• Ability to deliver Biblically accurate sermons/lessons.
• Present themselves in an appropriate manner, including dress and conduct.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact with all generations within the church.
• Must be able to teach the Bible in accordance with the teachings and attitudes laid down in
the New Testament.
Work Ethics and Relationships:
• Committed to God and His Word.
• Accountable to the Elders and Church Board for overall performance evaluation.
• Maintain a relationship with missions as directed by the Church Board.
Please include the following information when applying:
• Resume, including work experience
• Personal Information (family, background, etc.)
First Christian Church
301 S Broadway
Plainville, KS 67663