Purpose: To provide recruiting for non-traditional education and direct administrative support
to the Director of Non-Traditional Education (DNTE).
The Recruiter for the DNTE is responsible for day-to- day functions that assist in the coordination
of activities related to LEAD and Online education. The Recruiter is directly involved in
academic services contributing to the operations of non-traditional education including,
recruiting, scheduling, student records, and student enrollment.
The recruiter must be able to understand and represent the unique dynamics of non-traditional
education. The ability to engage information that is sensitive or highly confidential is essential.
Supervisory Relationships: The Administrative Assistant for the DNTE reports to the DNTE.
The Administrative Assistant does not oversee any direct reports.
1. Participate in promotion and recruiting for the DNTE (60%).
a. Assist applicants in the admissions process.
b. Maintain admissions documents.
c. Develop and maintain relationships with Manhattan area businesses and churches.
d. Develop and maintain relationships with Fort Riley personnel.
e. Develop and maintain relationships with 2-year colleges.
f. Conduct recruiting and informational visits periodically, as needed.
g. Facilitate planning, organization, and implementation of special non-traditional
2. Provide administrative support for non-traditional education (35%).
a. Serve as the primary point-of- contact for inquiries to the Department of Non-
b. Prepare written correspondence and reports on behalf of the DNTE.
c. Ensure that necessary procurements for the DNTE are made in a timely manner.
3. Provide support for the academic department (5%).
a. Provide help to the Administrative Assistant for the Academic Department as
b. Provide help to the Registrar as possible.
Required Background and Competencies:
1. Willingness to actively learn and adapt to environment.
2. Willingness to work within and toward the mission of MCC.
3. Strong interpersonal skills.
4. Strong communication skills.
5. Experience with general business office procedures and principles.
6. Experience with social media platforms.
7. Working knowledge of the Student Information System utilized.
8. Working knowledge of the Course Management System utilized.
9. Bachelor’s degree appropriate/adaptable to the position – preferred.
10. Familiarity with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. – preferred.
11. Familiarity with non-traditional modalities in higher education – preferred.
Work Hour Expectations:
Average hours per week: 25
Average hours per day: 5
Weeks per year: 50
Overtime Expectations: Negotiable
Travel expectations: Limited local travel for introductory and recruiting presentations.
If you are interested in the position please send resumes to:
Brody P. Bliss
Director of Non-Traditional Education
Manhattan Christian College