The Fold Family Ministries
The Fold Family Ministries is one of the nation’s leading Christ-centered residential care programs for teens and families in crisis. The Fold has a proven approach …
Contact: Sue Grant, Office Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fold Family Ministries is one of the nation’s leading Christ-centered residential care programs for teens and families in crisis. The Fold provides a nurturing home environment for at-risk youth between the ages of 13 and 17, with 24-hour support including individualized counseling, academic curriculum and spiritual mentoring. Our mission is to renew hope through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, to establish godly relationships in families, and to provide new beginnings for emotional healing, education, and personal growth.
The Fold Family Ministries is currently hiring for this full-time, salaried position in beautiful Lyndonville, Vermont. Room and board included, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
Resident Instructors are pivotal members of our Residential Care Team, living and working in our Girls’ and Boys’ Homes, which serve 5 to 10 young women or men between the ages of 13 and 17. As a Resident Instructor, you’ll help to create a safe and healthy environment for our teens by establishing daily routines, planning recreational activities and day trips, sharing meals, leading Bible studies, and discipling the young women or men in your care.
You should have a four year degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, Youth Ministry or a similar field, and a desire to mentor and disciple struggling teens or a two year degree with experience working with youth.
You should be energetic, compassionate, fun-loving, empathetic, trustworthy and flexible. The position requires a calling to work with teens in conflict and a minimum two year commitment.
House Parents provide leadership and assume overall responsibility for the Home, using biblical values in order to create a nurturing environment that facilitates the attainment of goals established for each teen. House Parents assist in training of Home staff, implementation of the program for teen residents, and ongoing evaluation of staff and teens in achieving the objectives of The Fold Family Ministries.
– Understand your identity in Christ and role model living out of Christ’s resources rather than your own strength.
– Plan and coordinate the daily home schedule, and meals
– Be available to the teens and staff for spiritual and emotional support
– Become familiar with each resident and their parents in order to relate effectively
– Participate in the screening and interviewing of prospective residents and staff
– Coordinate efforts and work closely with other non-home staff (teachers, counselors, ministry support)
Preferred Profile and Experience:
– A calling to work with teens in conflict
– A healthy balance of organization/planning gifts and spontaneity/flexibility
– A servant’s heart and desire to nurture others
– Experience in youth ministry, counseling, leadership and/or discipleship
– Good communication skills, integrity, humility, and teachability are necessary
– Interested in married couples or single adults
How to Apply
If you have questions, contact our admissions coordinator at app@TheFoldFamily.com or (802) 626-5620. If you would like to fill out an application, visit http://www.thefoldinc.org/index.php/staff/who-we-are/staff-openings and open the Staff Application link at the bottom of the page.
PO Box 1188
Lyndonville, VT 05851