Church Vision: “On life’s journey to seek and share a growing relationship with Christ.”
Description: Ontario Christian Church is seeking a preaching minister who is knowledgeable of the scriptures, has a firm base in Restoration Movement, has effective preaching, teaching, and interpersonal skills. The minister has the primary responsibility for communicating the Word of God. In partnership with the Elders, Staff, Ministry Teams and Congregation, he will provide leadership, shepherding and vision to the Body.
• Passionately embodies God’s word and lives out the gospel in his daily life with a spiritual moral character and lifestyle.
• Is a baptized (immersed) believer, fully understands and supports the scripture-based doctrine of the Restoration Movement.
• Ordained or eligible to be ordained in the Christian Church / Church of Christ.
• Bachelor’s degree in Bible / Theology or relevant field of ministry from a Bible College or Seminary associated with the Restoration Movement.
• Competent in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships.
• Is a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in group settings.
• Computer proficient; able to use technology in conjunction with preaching, teaching and outreach.
◦ Organizes and prepares sermons series in advance with long term coordination between ministries.
◦ Consistently delivers easily understood Bible-based sermons. Engages and challenges those who seek to deepen their relationship with Jesus.
◦ Has well-developed communication, including strong listening skills. Can clearly articulate the vision, mission, and strategies that focus on spiritual growth, discipleship and Christian community.
◦ Preaching and teaching should be doctrinally sound, with supporting application that is relevant, challenging, inspiring, and supportive.
Leadership, Leadership Development & Discipleship
◦ Willingness to work alongside Elders and other ministry leaders to effectively lead the congregation as a key implementation champion for the strategic plan.
◦ Engages in long term planning in coordination with other ministries to promote the spiritual growth of the congregation.
◦ Able to develop ministries for a multi-generational congregation.
◦ A heart for evangelism and service to others. Has the ability to engage and equip others for leadership, outreach and service.
◦ Actively encourages congregational commitment and volunteerism.
◦ Spends intentional time in the community to help encourage outreach and ministries.
◦ Champions evangelism by inspiring, equipping, and motivating the congregation to share the gospel in our community.
◦ Coordinates and networks with area churches to form outreach opportunities.
Congregation Relations/Pastoral Care
◦ Has a relational connection to the congregation and provides ongoing pastoral support.
◦ Care for the congregation through supportive listening, conflict management or referral to other professionals.
◦ In partnership with the congregation, participates in hospital visitation and ministry to shut-ins.
◦ Conduct baptisms, premarital counseling, weddings, and funerals.
Professional Development/Personal Growth
◦ Has a desire to grow and actively seeks constructive feedback on a regular basis.
◦ Devotes time to spiritual, mental, physical development and well-being through personal disciplines.
◦ Attends courses, workshops, and conferences as appropriate.
◦ Attends and works with small groups.
◦ Participation in ongoing self-evaluation.
◦ Reports to and follows the direction of the Elders.
◦ Participates in weekly Elder meetings.
◦ With cooperation with the Elders, help develop an annual plan for the vision and outreach of the church.
◦ Works within the administrative budget and maintains fiscal responsibility with the church resources.
◦ Keeps regularly scheduled office hours.
◦ Participates in scheduled self-evaluation and evaluation by the elders.
How to Apply
• All information may be sent to Ontario Christian Church – Attn: Search Committee or emailed to SearchOCC@googlegroups.com.
• Applicants should include a resume, references, personal autobiography and recordings of sample sermons (audio or video).
• A full criminal background and credit check will be required for all selected applicants.