Senior Pastor, Missouri Valley Christian Church
Missouri Valley, IA
The Missouri Valley Christian Church is looking for a Spirit-led man for the position of Senior Minister. The congregation ranges from 120-150 and was established in 1883. Although the Current minister is moving after 2.5 years of service, the minister tenures tend to last a decade or longer. This is an Elder-led congregation which supports and encourages its staff, which consists of an Office Administrator, Associate Minister, and Children’s Minister. The church has two services on Sunday mornings: one traditional and one contemporary, and is looking for a man with a vision for the future.
Missouri Valley is a town of approx. 2800 and is located 20 miles north of Omaha, NE, right off a major interstate highway. There are many sister churches in the area and all are connected through the local camp: Camp Nebowa.
– Care-giving and Personable
– Master’s Degree from a Christian Seminary or equivalent experience
– Experience leading multiple staff.
– Beliefs in agreement with those of the Restoration Movement
– Able to connect with the community and discern its needs
– Visitations to Members
– Working with the Elders and Deacons to develop a vision for the church
– Preaching and Teaching
– Maintaining regular office hours
– Funerals and Weddings as needed
– Supporting and encouraging the ministries of the congregation
– Developing Outreach and Evangelistic opportunities
– Equipping the body for works of service
More info on the church available at www.missourivalleychurch.org
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org