Student & Family Ministry Director
3/4 Time Position
Time Commitment: 30 hrs./week
Oswego Christian Church is looking for a highly relational leader to join our team as a 3/4 Time Student & Family Ministry Director. Our commitment as a church is that as we experience
growth and our finances expand, that we will work towards providing raises to make this position a full time salaried position.
Oswego Christian is a church of 120 that is trying to help people find their way back home to God! We are sold out to reaching the lost and making a difference in the lives of the community we live within.
Our staff operates as missionaries to rural Kansas – we see this as an opportunity to go to the least of these and impact entire communities with the Gospel.
Our youth ministry currently has 10-15 students from Middle School to High School but has run as many as 30-40 in the past under good leadership. Oswego is a small community of 2,000 people about 45 minutes from Ozark Christian College. We have a killer youth room (pool tables, snack shack, lighting, etc.) and a group of adults that WANT to do whatever it takes to ensure that our Student Ministry has the best! Our Senior Pastor was in youth ministry for 15 years and loves to mentor young leaders and says “yes” to about any crazy idea that has been thought through well.
If you have been looking for a fantastic place to get your feet into ministry. Look no further.
Submit your resume & letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch us online to get a sense of our culture @ my.oswegochristian.com/watch.
Oversee ministry to Birth – College aged students to help them make their way back
home to God, one person at a time!
• $18,000/year (we understand this is a 3/4 time position and encourage applicants to consider working a secondary job – especially substitute teaching or coaching position in the school system of Oswego as a potential opportunity to continue to build relationships with students)
• 2 weeks Paid Vacation each year
• Christmas Bonus’ (typically the amount of 1 weeks pay additional)
• Very flexible work hours as long as the ministry is getting accomplished
• Must be teachable
• Must love having fun!
• Must be self-motivated and a hard worker
• Must have a heart for students & kids
• Must be a team builder – relational at heart
• Must have a red hot relationship with Jesus
• Must have Good communication skills
• Must have a strong character including but not limited to humility, integrity, honesty
Weekly Time Commitment (30hrs)
• Attend Sunday morning church
• Provide Leadership to our Children’s Ministry Advisory Team (CMAT). You will work alongside the Senior Minister in this capacity initially.
• Oversee and provide Leadership to our Nursery staff (we have a nursery director who schedules our nursery team, she would report to you as you develop an overarching ministry model)
• Lead youth groups Sunday night for Middle School-College Aged
• Keep office hours in Oswego, (Monday must be one of the days you work in Oswego)
Staffing & Leadership
• Work as a team member
• Implement church’s mission and vision in the student and children’s ministry
• Holistic approach to success – win as a team.
• Be visible during church services – connecting with new students and engaging them in ministry opportunities
• Attend and report at monthly eldership meetings
• Preach in church on occasion
Student & Family Ministry Responsibilities
• Build relationships with students
• Prepare/Organize/Lead Sunday Night Student Ministry (small groups, speaking, worship, etc)
• Plan/Lead trips and events
• Assist in overseeing student & family budget
• Attend High School & Middle School camp
• Participate as a team member in executing VBS
• Develop teen trips
11048 US 59
Oswego, KS 620-795-263
1,133 total views, 5 views today