Student Ministries Director
Start and oversee the student ministry at Discover Church, grades 6 through 12. Shepherd and disciple students.
Discover Church seeks to fill the role of Student Ministries Director. The Student Ministries Director will start and oversee all aspects of the student ministry at Discover Church, grades 6 through 12. This person must display the heart of a shepherd and possess the gift of guiding students through age- appropriate discipleship. This person must connect well with students and partner well with adults. This person must possess the administrative skills to create, plan, organize, and develop student ministries while actively recruiting and working with volunteer teams. Lastly, this person must model a life of prayer and fellowship, equipping students for a life of service, community, and ministry.
The Student Ministries Director will also serve in a secondary role of digital missionary. This role requires a person who is passionate about the possibilities and opportunities of the digital mission field, including the use of digital tools to reach people and create a welcoming and engaging online environment during Sunday services.
ABOUT DISCOVER: Discover Church launched in north Kansas City August of 2018. In 2 1⁄2 short years, the church has witnessed God do amazing things, including seeing more than 60 people commit their life to Christ! This is an exciting time of growth for Discover Church, which includes hiring a Student Ministries Director to start and oversee all aspects of student ministry.
VISION: To see our city changed by Jesus, one life at a time.
MISSION: To help people discover life in Christ, belonging in community, and purpose in God’s calling, in order to make a difference.
VALUES: We strive to be people who follow Jesus, love well, keep it real, laugh loud, and reproduce ourselves. Discover Church has a life-giving culture that positions Jesus as both the lead and hero of our story.
- Clear evidence of a mature and growing walk with Christ.
- Walk in accordance to the qualifications of deacons found in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- Experience leading and discipling middle and high school aged students.
- Ability to present and teach Scripture to students, applying sound theology and doctrine.
- Experience recruiting, organizing, and leading volunteer teams.
- Experience sharing the Gospel to non-believers and leading others to faith in Jesus, including
building relationships with students who are not part of the church.
- Dynamic personality to engage and lead students in energetic and fun-filled ministry activities.
- Affirms the Vision, Mission, and Values of Discover Church
- Affirms the Core Beliefs of Discover Church (https://www.discoverchurchkc.com/beliefs/).
- Bachelor’s level degree is required. A degree in biblical studies is desirable, but not required.
- Provide leadership for the student ministry (grades 6th through 12th) at Discover Church.
- Help students discover life (salvation), belonging (community), purpose (talents and gifts), and
make a difference by guiding them through Discover Church’s Next Steps program.
- Establish and build lasting relationships with students and student’s families.
- Identify, recruit, and train adult volunteers for student ministry.
- Develop student leaders and position them for success in future leadership positions.
- Work with volunteer and student leaders to develop a plan for age-appropriate discipleship.
- Create student-led small groups where high school students mentor middle school students to
- Lead a weekly program with an invite culture that mirrors Sunday’s services.
- Foster spiritual growth in the students through a ministry plan or curriculum that includes:
- Solid biblical teaching with clear application.
- Equipping students for independent study by instructing them how to read, study, and digest Scripture on their own.
- Encouraging students to engage in servant ministry and outreach opportunities.
- Teaching students to pray and providing opportunities for student-led prayer.
- Gatherings where students can have fun, connect with other students, and understand Jesus on their level.
- Prepare an annual budget for student ministry, following Discover Church’s procedures on
- Oversee budget requests and purchases within the student ministry area, with counsel and
guidance of the Associate Pastor.
SECONDARY ROLE (5-10 HOURS PER WEEK)
- Work in conjunction with the Discover Church Communications Team to use social media, web, and digital tools to reach people for Christ.
- Use appropriate lead magnets to attract and engage people online.
- Be savvy in social media platforms, including understanding trends, analytics, and algorithms.
- Create a welcoming digital church environment by serving as online emcee for Sunday services.
- Encourage people online to pursue the next step in their faith journey.
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES – WHAT IS EXPECTED OF STAFF MEMBERS?
- Commit to being a leader who is Holy, Humble, Hungry, Honoring, Honest and Hard-Working.
- Maintain balance with God first, spouse second, family third, and ministry fourth.
- Commit to honor God with personal finances by giving at least 10% of income to Discover
Church. (Matthew 6:21)
- Shepherd and lead the students under their care. (Ephesians 4, Proverbs 27:23)
- Be loyal to the vision, mission, values, culture, and staff of Discover Church and always protect
the unity of the body.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and to come to Discover Church.
- Be engaged in Biblical community through Discover Church.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal information and/or finances of or related to Discover Church, its members or staff.
This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Lead Pastor. Salary will be determined commensurate to job experience and perceived fit.
Please submit to Chris Rasmussen, Associate Pastor (email@example.com), resume and cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position and explaining why you would be a good fit at Discover Church.
Resumes accepted until April 19, 2021.
5921 NW Barry Road, Suite 300, KCMO (Office)
10500 Arrowhead Trafficway, KCMO (Church location)
1,651 total views, 6 views today