Student Ministry Director
Job Description for: Student Ministry Director
Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week, including various weeknights, weekends, and holidays.
Wage: $15 per hour, no benefits
Apply online at www.durangochristian.com/employment-application.html. Position open until filled.
Durango Christian Church is looking for a full-time director of student ministry to create, lead, and oversee the ministry and outreach to children and youth in and around Durango, Colorado. This position carries responsibilities for overseeing ministry spanning nursery to graduation, with a substantial emphasis on Children’s Ministry. A successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate an ability to pioneer a new ministry, evangelize effectively, and manage time well.
Principal Function: The student ministry director is responsible to the pastor for assisting the church in achieving its mission by planning, coordinating, and promoting the children’s and youth programs of the church: weekly meetings,
outreach programs, special projects, assignments, and events.
• Work with the ministerial staff, appropriate committees, and program leaders in planning, evaluating, and coordinating all student ministries of the church.
• Recruit volunteers to help with all student ministry programs.
• Conduct special training projects for volunteers.
• Advise in the use of program materials, equipment, supplies, and space by student ministry groups in all church program organizations.
• Plan and direct children’s ministry.
• Plan and direct student ministry fellowships, retreats, and mission trips.
• Plan and direct parenting seminars and workshops.
• Counsel students and parents as needed.
• Lead in a weekly visitation program.
• Conduct, organize, and facilitate weekly Bible studies.
• Develop relationships with local school officials and be available to volunteer and/or visit in the schools.
• Remain informed of current trends in student ministry education programs.
• Be prepared to evangelize the lost and assist both workers, parents, and students in reaching the unreached.
• Be an advocate for children and youth through educating parents and adults about the needs of children and opportunities that exist to help them be better disciples.
• Collaborate with the church leadership as a whole to improve the ministry with an emphasis on ministry to children and youth.
• Ability to self-manage. Ability to communicate professionally with adults and teens.
• 4 year degree (B.A./B.S.) in Children’s Ministry, Student Ministry or related field of study. (Or equivalent life experience.)
• 2 years of practical ministry experience, either paid or volunteer.
• Experience in developing new programs/outreach strategies targeted at children and youth.
• Experience evangelizing & discipling children.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as established to meet the ongoing needs of the organization