Student Ministry Director
The Student Ministry Director is a part-time (20-30 hours/wk) position reporting to
the Pastor and the Elder board of NHEC.
Student Ministries at NHEC is committed to partnering with families to unleash
the emerging generation to live out an authentic faith, and a life of transformation
and of influence. Student Ministry (6th through 12th grade) is a part of a family
Ministry and does not seek to create a ministry apart from the family, but rather in
partnership with the family to fulfill its mandate (Deuteronomy 6:1-9): to raise up
the next generation for God's glory and for the expansion of His Kingdom.
– The successful candidate will follow and uphold the Constitution and Bylaws of
New Hope Evangelical Church, McPherson, Kansas.
– To offer the good news of God's love and salvation to all community youth
willing to consider linking up to one another in the name of Jesus Christ.
– Build spiritually-based relationships with students so they will be encouraged
and challenged to grow spiritually and personally.
– Provide pastoral care, including counseling for youth and their family and
friends if needed.
– Serve as the primary teacher for all facets of the Middle School and Senior High
Ministry; accepting overall responsibility for the doctrine and teaching students
receive and delegating this responsibility as appropriate and necessary.
– Recruit, train, equip, and encourage youth in their involvement and/or
leadership within the various areas of Christian service.
– Focus on developing "Disciples" who are daily in the Word of God; in an active
prayer life; looking for witness opportunities.
– Submit an annual strategic plan of proposed ministries to the Senior Pastor and
Elder over Education and budgetary requirements to the Finance Committee.
Additionally, accept responsibility for financial oversight for Middle School and Sr.
High activities, programs, and mission trips.
Provide leadership, coaching, and direct supervision for volunteer Student
Ministries staff, creating an environment for their spiritual growth and ministry
Is a born-again believer through faith in Jesus Christ, having made a personal
profession of faith in Jesus Christ and has evidence of God’s call to student
ministry. Possesses strong servant-leadership, relational teaching, discipleship
and administrative skills. Previous experience in providing leadership in a
Student Ministry, ministry design and implementation strongly desired.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or two years
experience in Student Ministry.
Compensation will be based on education and experience.
Submit a current resume to New Hope by e-mail.
New Hope Evangelical Church
501 Wickersham Dr
McPherson, Ks 67460