Student Ministry Pastor
Our Vision: Hope Changes Everything
Our Mission: Love God (Mark 12:30), Love People (Matthew 22:39), Serve All (Matthew 20:26-28) Our Core Values
- We value Biblical truth (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We value making bold disciples (Matthew 28:19-20)
- We value all people (John 3:16)
- We value being relevant (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
- We value generosity (1 Timothy 6:17-19)
- We value unity in the Spirit (Ephesians 4:2-6, Romans 15:5-6)
Student ministry current attendance statistics (averages provided):
- High School: Sunday School (15), Wednesday Night (50), CIY Move (50), Camp (30) ∙ Junior High: Sunday School (15), Wednesday Night (75), Believe (50), Camp (50)
Purpose for the Student Minister position:
- To create and implement a relevant, attractive and life-changing ministry for students in middle school and high school.
- This role carries the primary responsibility to create a vision and implement strategies for students, families and the church to partner together so that students discover God, develop relationally and spiritually, and deploy into the community. This responsibility includes oversight of other student ministry employees and volunteers. The two primary goals of this position are to: o Reach local youth leading them into a growing relationship with Christ.
Equipping parents to disciple their student ministry aged children.
- Spend frequent and regular time in prayer and the study of God’s word.
- Attend and support weekly worship services and special services
- Involved in personal discipleship with others, either small group or 1 on 1 (outside of student ministry)
- Stay current with fields related to Student Ministry through various resources and conferences
- Maintains a personal life that exhibits spiritual maturity
- Attend community and school activities to be supportive of students and families.
- Practice financial tithing in reference to GFCC and its ministries
Goals for this position:
- Create a ministry that involves worship, evangelism, discipleship, community and service
Transition students from elementary ministry into student ministry and transition students out of high school ministry into young adult ministry
- Keep families informed about the ministry by using a variety of communication methods
- Create opportunities to engage families and build a partnership with them
Qualifications: The successful candidate for this position must….
- Prove evidence of a life that continues to be changed by the grace of Jesus Christ
- Be in agreement with our doctrine, mission, and values through the Restoration Movement
- Be an immersed follower of Christ and committed to practice the same conversion process
- Cast vision in a compelling way
- Embrace and thrive in our community and culture as well as a team-based volunteer ministry
- Engage actively with enthusiasm to get to know students inside and outside the church
- Possess creative skills in and knowledge of communication tools, social media & all things tech
- Exude a passion for the church’s vision, mission and values
- Manage multiple priorities with enthusiasm and results
- Be teachable, responsive, respectful and adaptable (self-starter) within a fast-paced organization.
- Experienced with selecting and implementing curriculum
- Have a deep love for students and desire to see them grow in their Christian journey
- Display an energetic and positive personality
- Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Be highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to meet project deadlines
- Be a team member who is supportive of both staff and volunteers
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with a preferred area of study relating to youth or youth education, with at least 3-5 years leading student ministry
- If married, have a spouse (& children) who see youth ministry as a family mission
- Have working knowledge of graphic design and video production
The student minister will oversee all elements of our student ministries including:
- Leadership, Management, Relationships
- Planning Student worship, discipleship, service, and outreach events
- Teaching/Speaking in large group settings
- Discipleship: developing curriculum and/or resourcing leaders with curriculum
- Planning and executing retreats, JH & HS camps and mission trips
- Recruiting and development of student ministry teams/group leaders/ volunteers
- Keeping social media portals active and continually engaging kids and families
- Oversight & managing programming that fits within the Student Ministry Budget
- Provide counseling to students and their families
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Participate in all GFCC worship & outreach events
As Christians all staff members at GFCC are accountable to God for their personal conduct. The Student Minister is also accountable to the Executive Director regarding regular work duties, responsibilities and performance on an overall basis. The Senior Pastor will give overall oversight and guidance to the student ministry. The Senior Pastor & Executive Director will conduct the Student Minister’s annual job satisfaction evaluation.
Student Ministry is not, and should not, be a 9 to 5 office position. This position requires flexibility and a commitment to be available during office hours and to students during the evening. Obviously, boundaries are encouraged, and in fact required, for personal and family health. The expectation is 40 hours not including time that would be spent as a volunteer if you were not on staff (e.g. small group leader, attending small group, teaching an adult or children’s class, helping with setup, etc.). The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. The staff at GFCC is committed to team ministry that pursues excellence with an attitude of “whatever it takes to get the job done”. Therefore, additional time may be required outside of regular work hours and normal schedules.
Executive Director on a daily basis, Senior Minister for vision and ministry guidance. Classification: Full-time Status: Ministry Staff, exempt
This is a full-time salaried ministerial position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Vacation & Sick Pay, Life Insurance, 403b matching contribution, Cafeteria Plan for medical and/or dependent care expenses, cell phone stipend, ministry-related expenses.
Please submit by email a pdf copy of the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A resume delineating complete education and employment history
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of the position including your approach to student ministry and how you knew you were called in this area of ministry.
- Photographs, videos, or professional portfolios may be included in the application packages.
- Affirm your legal presence in the United States and the ability to legally obtain employment in any capacity (per the Patriot Act).
- Authorize Greenville FCC to conduct a full background investigation, which the candidate must successfully pass as a condition of employment.
- Provide references (name & contact information—letters not required):
- Your current pastor/ minister, mentor or the ministry leader who has had the most significant impact on your life.
- Three references from your professional life—preferably a significant manager, a peer and a subordinate.
- Two personal references that can speak to your character and personal faith in Christ.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Contact: Bri Dothager, GFCC Executive Director
Greenville First Christian Church
Seeking Student Ministry Pastor
1100 Killarney Drive Greenville, IL 62246
2,291 total views, 3 views today