This summer could be the best summer of your life! Resting at 6,000 feet, in the pine-filled forests of the Arizona mountains, Tonto Rim Christian Camp is ready to serve churches, schools and organizations looking for a refreshing, life-changing experience. The goal of the Summer Ministry Team is two-fold. First, we want top-notch people who want to serve Christ and see lives changed as much as we do. Everything we do at TRCC— washing dishes, cleaning cabins, leading recreation, providing hospitality—seeks to point campers toward the message of God’s love. Secondly, we seek to facilitate your spiritual growth through regular staff worship, Bible study, and leadership development activities. When you join the Summer Ministry Team at TRCC, you join a family of believers that seeks to continually be more like Jesus. We want to share your victories, defeats, joys, and tears as we help you grow in your walk with the Lord!
Important Dates & Compensation
Summer Training begins: May 18, 2021
Summer Ends: August 8th, 2021
Compensation: All summer staffers are guaranteed a seasonal weekly average of no less than 30 hours per week and are paid no less than $12.25 per hour. Also, housing and all meals are provide free of charge! Finally, TRCC has a $100 bonus for all who are hired, completing all required paperwork by March 31, and who serve through the whole summer!
We have two summer staff positions that make ministry happen at TRCC:
- Food Service… Food Service (FS) team members help in the preparation and serving of meals and assist in the clean up process following meals. Restaurant or food service experience is a plus! This is a great position for those who like kitchen work/food prep/cooking/baking or prefer jobs that are structured and involve routine.
- Guest Services/Recreation… GS/Rec team members cross-train in several different areas, including general hosting and hospitality services, zip-line, paintball, waterfront, general recreation, office work, maintenance, and accommodations…and may work on the Program Team during two camp sessions in July. All GS team members also assist with Turn Around (TA—camp cleaning) between groups. Lifeguards are also in demand and are a critical part of the GS/Recreation Team with the added responsibility of giving leadership to our lake excursions. GS team members will wear many hats and, TRCC Lead Staff will work to position you in your areas of greatest passion and expertise whenever possible. This is a great position for those who like the outdoors and working with people, and who enjoy variety and are willing to do whatever is needed on any given day.
Below are just a few of the general qualifications and physical requirements that we place on our employees.
- A commitment to Jesus Christ as evidenced by a faithful daily walk
- Minimum of a high-school diploma but some higher education is preferred
- Agreement and compliance with camp Mission, Vision, Values, Staff Handbook, and Doctrinal Statement
- Abilities sufficient to carry out the essential functions of the job – to include leaning, bending over, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, squatting, lifting, carrying, holding, and moving heavy objects
- Able to sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift, hold, and carry a minimum of 30 pounds
Tonto Rim Christian Camp
353 N. Baptist Camp Road
Payson, AZ 85541
Tonto Rim Christian Camp
p: (928) 478-4630 ext. 301
282 total views, 3 views today