We’re hiring Mentors to serve Shelterwood teens
At Shelterwood, everything we do drives towards transforming teens and restoring families — and our young adult Mentors
are at the heart of it all. These Christian men and women meet teens where they are and speak Gospel truth into their lives.
We are seeking young adult Mentors to join our team, and we need your help to recruit! If you know graduates or students
who are interested in working with struggling teens, Shelterwood provides an exciting and challenging opportunity.
This is one year of service for Mentors, yet the legacy is lasting: Mentors make a lifetime of impact. This ministry makes a
transformational difference not only for struggling teens, but their families and communities as well. Do you know someone
who would be a good Mentor, or would someone in your networks? Please spread the word!
During their year of service, Mentors can expect:
• Free dorm-style room and board
• Beginning monthly stipend ($1,300)
• Training in de-escalation techniques
• Career and professional development
• First Aid and CPR certification
• Medical Distribution certificate
• Ministry opportunities to openly share faith
Mentors have a wide variety of backgrounds, but the biggest qualification is a willing heart. They want to serve God, want to
serve teens and want to share their faith in a way that can impact lives. Our requirements for participation:
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Must have an active faith in Jesus Christ
• Must be willing to relocate to Independence, Missouri
• Must pass State of Missouri background screening and cannot have a recent felony
An undergraduate or graduate degree is preferred, but not required. Interested students or alumni can learn more about the
position or apply directly. Shelterwood is located in Independence, Missouri, on more than 200 beautiful acres, within the
Kansas City Metro area.
Thank you for sharing this with any young man or woman who you feel may be a good fit for our program, as well as your
own networks. We appreciate you passing this along, and we welcome any leads you may have.
3205 N. Twyman Rd.
Independence, MO 64058