TreeHouse Kidz Director
Position Title: TreeHouse Kidz Director
Effective Date of Description 4/30/18
Campus/Department: Lake Campus/Children’s Ministry
Team: TreeHouse Kidz
Position Status: Full-Time
Pay Status: Salaried
Exempt Status: Non-exempt
Position Reports To: Pastor at RiverTree Lake
Position Supervises: TreeHouse Kidz volunteers
Lead the TreeHouse Kidz (THK) ministry at the Lake Campus through vision casting, partnering with
families, equipping others. Manage the nursery, preschool and elementary areas during Weekend
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
● Oversee and lead THK Team at the Lake Campus
● Oversee budget for THK under Pastor’s guidelines
● Oversee Nursery, Preschool and Elementary curriculum
● Oversee operation of weekend services in THK; training new volunteers, managing the schedule
for weekend services; supporting and equipping classroom volunteers
● Follow through with all TreeHouse Kidz Policies and Procedures
● Managing safety and security protocol to provide a safe environment
● Equip parents to be the primary discipler of their kids
● Be intentional in developing relationships with parents, children and volunteer team
● Meet with Team Leader 1/month for Spiritual Care/Team building/Leadership coaching
● Identify and develop Leaders
● Oversee recruitment of new leaders in THK & equip these leaders
● Monitor overall and spiritual health of the team
● Continuing education in areas of leadership, children and families
● Continue working on Self Spiritual Growth
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIRED:
● Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, administration, shepherding, encouragement
● Builds Relationships: Uses appropriate interpersonal skills to work effectively with others in the
church and in the community; interacts with others in a personable, honest, genuine, and
collaborative manner; builds coalitions and partnerships to enhance effectiveness.
● Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media
to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and
retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate.
Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills
● Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and
spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and
be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of
belonging in the team.
● Planning and Organizing: Establishes appropriate procedures to complete work efficiently and
● Education & Leader Development: Know the foundations of Christian education pertaining to
teaching children. Shows competency in developing lay leaders and staff.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
● Must be able to move around a rather large building. Sometimes needing to carry supplies or
● Position requires a lot of bending, sitting on the floor, carrying small children.
● Must be able to work weekends.
This job description is a summary and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Team Member.
If you would like to apply for this position or have questions, please email Leah Pursley at
email@example.com. All applicants must submit a resume to be considered for this position.
2201 Lake Center Street NW
Uniontown, OH 44685