Worship Arts Pastor
Journey Church is a non-denominational church located in the town of Peoria, AZ just outside of Phoenix. The church is led by Lead Pastor Joe Darago who came on as the Lead Pastor around 14 years ago. The church currently has two services, while offering children’s ministries during both services and junior high ministry during the second service each Sunday morning. Service times that are offered are at 9:00a and 10:30a, both of which are identical with a modern worship style. Attendance currently runs around 400 each Sunday for their main worship services. Journey Church has a vision to “Help people far from God become fully devoted followers of Jesus”. They are committed to reaching their communities for Christ.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Arts Pastors to lead their worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life of worship and the character and capacity to develop a church worship culture. Below are the requirements and responsibilities we have identified for this role:
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit, audition, develop, and schedule worship and media team members.
- Cultivate a Christ-centered community by providing spiritual care and encouragement to the team.
- Communicate vision and purpose to team members.
- Help support and develop the student ministries worship team and the next generation of worship leaders.
- Plan, organize and be an enthusiastic presence for leading worship in the two worship services.
- Work closely with the teaching pastor to develop elements of the service that will flow into a cohesive message and response.
- Exhort and encourage the church to be intentional worshippers.
- Stay current with new song selections, technologies and worship expressions.
- Schedule teams and distribute music using Planning Center.
- Provide leadership for the band in rehearsals and services.
- Oversee all visual elements of the service.
- Give leadership and oversight to creative arts ministries.
- Develop a ministry plan to utilize creative expressions for learning and worship.
- Meet regularly with team leaders.
- Oversee new stage designs multiple times each year.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dedicated team player with positive attitude.
- Live a life that demonstrates an intimate and growing relationship with Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferable but not required.
- Agree with the doctrine and policies of Journey Church.
- Be committed to the vision and values Journey Church.
- Have adequate training both to handle the Word skillfully and implement a relevant and effective ministry.
- Be committed to a lifetime of learning and growth.
Reports to: Ministry Pastor
For more information, visit the full church profile at: frootgroup.com/journey