Worship Arts Pastor
Journey is a non-denominational church located in Lancaster, CA just an hour outside of Los Angeles. Journey is led by Lead Pastor Dave Elmore, who has been the lead pastor at the church for the last 19 years. The church currently has two services offered at 9:00a and 10:30a. The two services are identical that offer a modern style of worship. Attendance currently runs around 500 each Sunday for their main worship services.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Arts Pastor to oversee their worship arts ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the requirements and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Direct leadership and oversight of Journeys’ worship teams, tech personnel (sound, lighting, and multimedia), equipment, music, and budgetary resources.
- Coordinate Worship and Tech Ministries with all other ministries.
- Develop and implement a system for recruiting, training, and inspiring teams for high proficiency and excellence.
- Create and distribute schedules and song lists.
- Create and continually improve methods of communicating and bonding with your teams.
- Oversee all aspects of programming for the worship services.
- Invest in, develop, and care for leaders and musicians in our congregation.
- Work with our staff and lay leaders to pastor and shepherd our congregation.
- Maintain a consistent devotional time with God so that you lead out of the overflow of your life.
- Pursue personal health by maintaining balanced family/work/rest/exercise patterns, so that your mind, spirit and body can function cohesively at optimal levels.
- Attend a Journey worship experience each week (with your spouse/family if married).
- Maintain a consistent pattern of generosity towards the work of God through Journey Church. (People follow their leaders, so, as in all lifestyle decisions, we expect each Staff member to lead by example. Joyfully giving 10% or more to support Journey’s mission and vision is expected.)
- Embrace a high biblical standard of personal conduct and speech both publicly and privately (Journey Leaders represent both Christ and Journey Church at all times, on and off duty).
- Adhere to the Journey Church Statement of Faith and the Statement of Ethics.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Seasoned disciple of Jesus, whose life bears witness to their faith.
- Be aligned with the vision, mission, and doctrine of Journey Church.
- Ability to lead others in a growing relationship with Jesus.
- Strong abilities in musicianship and vocals.
- High level of leadership and communication skills.
- Can operate in a team environment, working well with other individuals and teams.
- Strong understanding of worship technologies and softwares used such as Planning Center, ProPresenter, livestream softwares, and Ableton.
- Someone who laughs, enjoys others and is generally fun to be around.
- Preferred candidates should have a bachelor’s degree, but not required.
- Preferred candidates should have between 3 – 5 years of previous worship ministry experience.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/journeyav
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
42142 7th St W
Lancaster, California 93534
923 total views, 3 views today