Reports to: Lead Minister & Elders
Summary: Whiting Christian Church is a small, local church with big dreams to change the world around us by building Christ-like communities, one neighbor at a time. We are a community that is excited about what God can do with a small group of committed, passionate followers. The Worship Minister is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing a compelling vision for leading the church in engaging worship, while also caring for the overall spiritual health of the community as part of our Pastoral Team.
- Create a biblical, engaging worship experience for regular worship services, special events, and other gatherings of the church body.
- Raise up, develop, and empower worship leaders from within the church
- Oversee and coordinate all worship team members (singers, musicians, sound/media/tech, etc)
- Coordinate weekly rehearsals and other gatherings for worship and discipleship
- Develop and maintain the tech/media resources (sound, lights, video, streaming, etc.) of WCC alongside Tech Director, and be willing to troubleshoot issues when needed.
- Develop and manage the Worship Budget in consultation with the Financial Team and Lead Minister.
- Perform some of the general pastoral ministries of the church as needs arise (teaching, counseling, visitation, etc.)
- Work with the ministry staff and elders of Whiting Christian Church to provide general leadership for the community
- Keep regular office hours, participate in required staff & team meetings, and be generally accessible to the community as a ministry leader (within reason)
- A committed, baptized Jesus-follower
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A creative, Out-of-the-box thinker\ who is not afraid to try new things for the sake of the Gospel
- Training/experience in worship ministry; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient musical skill
- Agreement with the ministry convictions of Whiting Christian Church
- Teachable leader, able to manage and develop a team of volunteers
- Team Player; contributes to overall vision, goals, and ministries of the church
- Proficient with Planning Center, Pro-Presenter, and other worship management software as its needed.
Proficient with the hardware (sound, lights, video, streaming) of the worship environment
Whiting Christian Church
716 West St.
Whiting, IA 51063
Joshua Nink (Lead Minister)
office phone # 712.455.2250
1,713 total views, 9 views today