Worship Ministry Leader
Lima Baptist Temple is an independent baptist church located in the town of Lima, OH. The church is led by Senior Pastor Al Elmore who came on as the Lead Pastor around 5 years ago. The church currently has one main worship service, while offering many different Sunday School groups during other hours each Sunday morning. Attendance currently runs around 600 each Sunday for their main service. Currently the church has one blended worship style service at 11:00a with different Sunday School groups that meet during the 10:00a hour. Lima Baptist Temple is a multigenerational church whose vision is “Where together we Go, Serve, and Love as we pursue a life-transforming relationship with Jesus Christ!” They are committed to reaching our neighborhoods and the nations with the love of Christ.
The church is seeking an experienced and dynamic person to lead our worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life of worship and the character and capacity to develop a church worship culture. Below are the requirements and responsibilities we have identified for this role:
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all worship aspects and elements at Lima Baptist Temple.
- Recruit, audition, develop, and schedule praise team, choir, and orchestra members. Help Tech Director recruit for the media/tech team.
- Cultivate a Christ-centered community by providing spiritual care and encouragement to the team.
- Communicate vision and purpose to team members.
- Help support and develop the student ministries worship team and the next generation of worship leaders.
- Plan, organize and be an enthusiastic presence for leading worship during the worship service.
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor and Tech Director to develop elements of the service that will flow into a cohesive message and response.
- Exhort and encourage the church to be intentional worshippers.
- Stay current with new song selections, technologies and worship expressions.
- Schedule teams and distribute music.
- Provide leadership for the choir, praise team, and orchestra in rehearsals and services.
- Work with Tech Director on visual elements of the service.
- Plan and implement any special worship events or programs; Christmas, Easter, Kids Choir, Student Led Services, conferences, etc. as called upon for service.
- Meets weekly with the Senior Pastor for coordination of ministry as well as planning for upcoming events, dreaming dreams, developing and implementing new vision for the various ministries of the church.
- Plans and submits a proposed annual budget for the Worship Ministry.
- Makes visits to prospective Worship Ministry members and hospital visits, as needed.
- Communicate with the Tech Director any maintenance and repairs that need made.
- Develop tools for and regularly evaluate the ministry’s effectiveness.
- Faithfully attend staff meetings and other church functions.
- This ministry description is a work in process and will be evaluated each year.
- Provides direction to families for weddings and funerals, as called upon for service.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Dedicated team player with positive attitude
- Live a life that demonstrates an intimate and growing relationship with Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferable but not required.
- Agree with the doctrine and policies of Lima Baptist Temple.
- Be committed to the vision and values Lima Baptist Temple.
- Have adequate training both to handle the Word skillfully and implement a relevant and effective ministry.
- Be committed to a lifetime of learning and growth.
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
For more information, visit the full church profile at: frootgroup.com/limabaptist
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.
Lima Baptist Temple
982 Brower Road
Lima OH 45801