Wallula Christian Church exists to glorify God by equipping believers and transforming the casual. WCC’s weekend worship services are important for two main reasons: 1) They provide a platform to lift high the name of Jesus and 2) They are the biggest front door to expose people to the opportunity to be equipped and transformed. The Worship Pastor will work closely with the worship team and the Lead Pastor to insure God’s Word is taught in a fun, meaningful way, the Spirit is invited to work through our praise and worship, the Lord’s Supper is included in a meaningful way, and the opportunity to give back to God is given to folks weekly.
Description of Responsibilities:
The WCC Worship Pastor will:
- Share a commitment to Jesus, His Church and the priesthood of all believers.
- Utilize prayer as the key to ministry.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings on Tuesdays @ 9:30 am and other administrative duties.
- Participate in Adult Small Group Ministry.
- Participate in Pastoral Ministry.
- Produce weekend worship services to include:
- Working with Lead Pastor to plan themes around message series.
- Coordinate sound and media teams.
- Coordinate servers and greeters.
- Coordinate communion & offering meditators.
- Coordinate special music etc.
- Develop & Lead Worship Band
- Participate as the primary worship leader during WCC’s weekend worship services.
- Develop other worship leaders.
- Develop musicians for worship band.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization and volunteers.
- Provide pastoral care for all team members.
- Introduce worship team members to worship training.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry in line with WCC’s vision.
23785 139th St
Leavenworth, KS 66048