Youth and Family Minister
Kingsway Christian Church is seeking a gifted and called person to fill its open position of Minister to Youth and Family (full-time). The Minister will oversee a Christ-centered disciple-making ministry within the next generation youth and their families. This person will work within the context of Kingsway’s strategic plan and leadership of the eldership to pray, plan, direct, shepherd, equip, and implement a growing ministry that shares the hope of Jesus with youth and their families, and develops a vibrant volunteer team, so they can actively share the life and hope of Jesus with others in their networks.
Kingsway Christian Church mission:
Planted in 1986 to transform lives through the message of Jesus Christ, Kingsway Christian Church is a non-denominational church, with heritage in the Restoration Movement. Kingsway is living its gospel imperative in the Omaha, NE context to glorify God by equipping every generation to be disciples who intentionally, relationally, and continually . . .
Share the hope of Jesus Christ with the world one person at a time.
Kingsway has four compelling strategies through which it accomplishes its mission. These strategies are birthed from the life, mission and ministry of Jesus. Jesus identified His own mission objectives in very clear and pointed phrases like, “The Son of Man came to SEEK and to SAVE that which was lost.” “I came not to be served by to SERVE and to give my life as a ransom for many.” And “As the Father has sent me. So SEND I you.” Our ministry is becoming more and more pre-occupied with how these passions of Jesus must drive our ministry in our current context.
- Connect people to God, through Jesus Christ, to each other, and to the world as Jesus representatives. (SEEK)
- Share the message of Jesus and our transformation story with those who do not know Him with the gifts and opportunities God uniquely provides to every disciple. (SAVE)
- Grow people who trust and follow Jesus, are transformed by Jesus, and participate in mission as disciples of Jesus. (SERVE)
- Multiply disciples, leaders, LIFE Groups, gifted volunteers, and churches so the world will know the hope of Jesus and choose to trust and follow Him. (SEND)
The Minister of Youth and Families will plan a strategic pathway and ministry environment that leads middle school, high school, and college age young adults into a transforming encounter with Christ Jesus through
- Introducing young adults to the biblical Jesus and his commands
- Communicating clearly the teachings of Jesus with power and relevance through preaching/teaching.
- Inviting broken young people and their families to respond to Jesus’ call to trust and follow Him.
- Equipping a team of volunteers to fulfill the mission to share the hope of Jesus with young adults and their families through regular meetings, biblical teaching, special events, service, outreach, conferences, mission trips, and other opportunities to follow Christ and join in His mission.
- Collaborating with the ministry staff and elders in equipping young adults to a disciple-making lifestyle.
–Vibrant and growing Christian testimony and identity in Christ displayed in integrity, holiness and humility through the power of the Holy Spirit.
-Organizes teams of people in ministry through planning and creativity.
-Steadfast love for Jesus’ bride to become all that she can be.
-Boundaries for a balanced ministry to self, at home, in neighborhood and church.
-Builds Disciples of Jesus through relational transformation and biblical truth.
-Love for next generation young people and their families.
-A Leader and equipper of the volunteers that shepherd the youth and reach the lost.
-Strategic evaluation, planning, implementation and adjustment of a compelling ministry that fulfills the Church’s stated mission.
-Clearly communicates God’s truth to individuals, and groups in teaching, preaching, counsel and conflict resolution.
-Active team member with the staff & ministry team with respect and collaboration.
-Participates with planning process and implementation of goals and objectives.
-Clear and frequent communication with team, students, and families.
-Willing to help others in their work and includes others to assist in ministry.
-Committed to healthy and biblical resolution of conflict with others.
-Will fully support, teach, and affirm the expression of core convictions of Kingsway Christian Church.
-Commitment to New Testament description and mission of Church in the continued restoration of the Church to the New Testament model.
-Able to clearly identify any personal “no compromise” convictions and relate with the team in a spirit of grace in any areas of disagreement.
Begins on June 1, 2021.
Those interested in the position may send their cover letter and resume to: Open Position, c/o Michele Flott, 1106 S. 139th
Street, Omaha, NE, 68144. Email to Michele@kingswayomaha.com. Phone # – 402.333.2231 / Website – www.kingswayomaha.com
Kingsway Christian Church
1106 S. 139th Street, Omaha
1,667 total views, 12 views today