Youth/Children’s Ministry Summer Intern
The Cherokee Hills Youth/Children’s Ministry Summer Intern position is a paid summer
internship aimed at cultivating the growth and development of someone who is looking to
pursue vocational ministry. Within this position, an intern will gain experience in leading,
teaching, and developing a children’s and student ministry within an atmosphere that is
willing to be intentional about the development of the intern. Working with Cherokee Hills’
pastoral staff, the intern will have the opportunity to use their gifts to plan and lead some
events, teach kids and students in large and small group settings, help with Vacation Bible
School, and attend summer camps/conferences.
Interested candidates should send a resume or cover letter detailing their interest as well as
listing any current or past ministry experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org no later
than April 13, 2018.
• Weekly mentor meetings with supervisors.
• Personal development in exercising spiritual disciplines.
• Build Christ-centered relationships with youth/children and ministry volunteers.
encourage children, students and volunteers in their faith and spiritual development.
• Seek to know as many children and students as possible by summer’s end, especially
• Attend for all Sunday worship services and ministry activities for the summer.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings.
• Planning, coordinating, and executing events with students and children as directed.
• Attend and participate in summer conference and camps as directed.
• Shadow staff members to learn about the various ministry functions of the church.
• Attend student ministry meetings with youth, youth coaches, and families.
• Attend children’s ministry meetings with volunteers, youth coaches, and families.
• Help prepare, attend, and serve at our week of Vacation Bible School.
• Other responsibilities will be developed and implemented based on personality and
acumen of the intern.
Cherokee Hills Christian Church
6601 N. MacArthur Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73132