YOUTH MINISTER – Full Time (salaried)
Pleasant View Church of Christ (PVCC) is a strong, well established congregation located 3 miles west of Cassopolis in Southwest Michigan. We are looking for a full-time Youth Minister to work with our Youth Ministry (Grades 6 th – 12 th ) and Children’s Ministry (Grades K-5 th ).
Our average Sunday Morning attendance is 125 with about 40 young people in Kindergarten through High School involved in our weekly Youth & Children’s Programs.
To be considered for this position the applicant must:
Be committed to the Biblical positions of the independent Christian Churches / Churches of Christ in the Restoration Movement.
Have a passion for excellence and continuous development in all areas of youth ministry from Nursery through High School.
Be a strategic thinker and self-starter, who is able to create and successfully upgrade current programs and implement new programs that will attract youth from the community.
Have a teachable spirit, humble heart, and a bold passion to disciple our students in Christ and strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with the youth and their parents.
Perform other pastoral duties as necessary including preaching on occasion.
A bachelor’s degree in a youth ministry/ministry is preferred, but not necessary.
We prefer the candidate to be married.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
Salary package for the successful candidate will be based upon education & experience.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and photo to the address below or by email to our Senior Minister, Jeff Oliver at email@example.com.
If possible we ask that you send at least one video of you teaching or preaching.
Once your resume has been received you will be sent a confirmation by email. After your resume has been reviewed you may also receive a questionnaire that will need to be filled out and returned. Successful candidates will be further contacted about the next steps in the process.
Blessings to You in Christ Jesus,
Pleasant View Church of Christ
60550 Crooked Creek Road
Cassopolis, MI 49031
Pleasant View Church of Christ
2017 – YOUTH MINISTER’S JOB DESCRIPTION
The Youth Minister’s primary objective is to oversee all youth related programs within the church from Nursery through High School. He will work directly with the Senior Minister under the oversight of the Elders (Leadership Team) to provide Spiritual support & direction to the youth entrusted to his care. He will set a Christ-like example for them and their families in life, in love, in speech, in faith, and in purity (1 Timothy 4:12). He will seek to glorify the Lord in word and deed at all times.
1. He will be responsible to oversee and supervise all weekly youth programs at Pleasant View from Nursery age through High School with the help of his Core Volunteers …including:
a. Sunday Mornings – Bible School & Children’s Worship (Pre-K thru 5th Grade)
b. Sunday Nights — (Kid’s Klub grades K-5 th ) and (Jr. High 6th-8th & Sr. High 9th-12th)
c. Wednesday Nights — (Kid’s Klub grades K-5 th ) and (Jr. High 6th-8th & Sr. High 9th-12th)
2. He will work with his Core Volunteers to select appropriate curriculum compatible for all youth programs and review current & future programs that will “Love Kids Toward Jesus”.
3. He will actively recruit sponsors, workers and teachers.
4. He will report directly to the Senior Minister.
5. He will meet with the Senior Minister once a week to plan their schedules and for prayer.
6. He will assist senior minister when necessary with calling, worship services, and such.
7. He will keep regular office hours in the mornings 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon
Afternoons & Evenings:
a. will be used for calling on the youth and their parents at home.
b. attend the activities of the youth & families in the community.
8. He will be responsible for planning social activities for youth on a regular basis.
Times and dates may vary due to other special activities with-in the church & locally.
9. Have a written report prepared for the monthly board meetings.
10. Contribute “Youth News” monthly for the church newsletter.
11. He will prepare a yearly report for the annual congregational meeting each Fall.
12. He will oversee the set up the summer V.B.S. program (grades K-5 th ) and choose a co-director to work with him.
13. He will be actively involved in the church’s van ministry, and will help in selecting and recruiting qualified drivers and riders.
14. He will be one of Pleasant View’s Camp Boosters for Michiana Christian Service Camp.
15. He will serve at least one week of camp at MCSC each Summer.
(the particular camp weeks & age groups will be by his choice)
16. He will continue to work with the Senior Minister & Elfers in developing vision plans for future growth of all youth programs.
17. He will perform other duties as directed by the Sr. Minister, The Eldership and the Church Board (Leadership Team).
18. He will strive at all times to be an encourager and positive supporter of the Church of Christ.
19. The Youth Minister and his wife shall be encouraged to worship together at least twice a month with the congregation on Sunday mornings.
20. Other duties and meetings may change as the Leadership Team deem necessary.
The Youth Minister will be allowed vacation time away each year as follows:
1 week the first year and 2 weeks each year thereafter, unless other arrangements are made with the Leaders.
The youth Minister will be allowed one week away for convention, mission trip, etc).
The Youth Minister will have one scheduled day off each week which will be coordinated with the Senior Minister so that their days off are not the same. Rest and Family Time are a priority.