Job Description for: Youth Minister
Position Type: Part-Time, 20 hours per week, including various weeknights, weekends, and
Wage: $15 per hour, no benefits
Apply online at www.durangochristian.com/employment-application.html. Position open until
Durango Christian Church is looking for a part-time youth minister to create,
lead, and oversee the ministry and outreach to youth in and around Durango,
Colorado. While this position is being offered as a part-time position, it is our
desire that this position become a full-time position as quickly as possible. A
successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate an ability to pioneer a
new ministry, evangelize effectively, and manage time well.
Principal Function: The minister to youth is responsible to the pastor for
assisting the church in achieving its mission by planning, coordinating, and
promoting the youth programs of the church: weekly meetings, youth outreach
programs, special youth projects, assignments, and events.
• Work with the ministerial staff, appropriate committees, and program leaders
in planning, evaluating, and coordinating all youth ministries of the church.
• Recruit youth worker volunteers to help with youth programs.
• Conduct special training projects for youth workers.
• Advise in the use of program materials, equipment, supplies, and space by
youth groups in all church program organizations.
• Plan and direct youth group meetings.
• Plan and direct youth fellowships, retreats, and mission trips.
• Plan and direct parenting seminars and workshops.
• Counsel youth and parents as needed.
• Lead in a weekly youth visitation program.
• Conduct weekly youth Bible study.
• Develop relationships with local school officials and be available to volunteer
and/or visit in the schools.
• Remain informed of current trends in youth education programs and youth
• Be prepared to evangelize the lost and assist both workers and youth in
reaching the unreached.
• Be an advocate for youth through educating parents and adults about the
needs of youth and opportunities that exist to help them be better disciples.
• Collaborate with the church leadership as a whole to improve the ministry
with an emphasis on ministry to youth.
• Ability to self-manage. Ability to communicate professionally with adults and
• 4 year degree (B.A./B.S.) in Youth Ministry or related field of study. (Or
equivalent life experience.)
• 2 years of practical youth ministry experience, either paid or volunteer.
• Experience in developing new programs/outreach strategies targeted at
• Experience evangelizing & discipling youth.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform
other related duties as established to meet the ongoing needs of the
Durango Christian Church
255 E 11th St
Durango Co. 81301