Youth Minister – Part-Time
Position Type: Part-Time, Approximately 10 hours per week, including occasional weeknights and every weekend. This is a “ground floor” opportunity in a church plant about 4 years old.
Wage: $100 per week
Apply by sending a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Position open until filled.
CenterPoint Christian Church is looking for a part-time youth minister to create, lead, and oversee the ministry and outreach to youth in and around Andover, Kansas. While this position is being offered as a part-time position, it is our desire that this position become a full-time position for the right individual in the near future.
A successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate an ability to pioneer a new ministry, evangelize effectively, teach and manage activities and events for the youth.
Principal Function: The minister to youth is responsible to the pastor and assisting the church in achieving its mission by planning, coordinating, and promoting the youth programs of the church: weekly meetings, youth outreach programs, and events.
• Work with the pastor, the leadership team, in planning, evaluating, and coordinating all youth ministries of the church.
• Recruit youth worker volunteers to help with youth programs.
• Conduct special training projects for youth workers.
• Plan and direct youth group meetings.
• Plan and direct youth fellowships, retreats, and mission trips.
• Counsel youth as needed.
• Lead in a weekly youth visitation program.
• Conduct weekly youth Life Group Bible study.
• In the future, develop relationships with local school officials and be available to volunteer and/or visit in the schools.
• Remain informed of current trends in youth education programs and youth culture.
• Be prepared to evangelize the lost and assist both workers and youth in reaching the unreached.
• Be an advocate for youth through educating parents and adults about the needs of youth and opportunities that exist to help them be better disciples.
Please check out our website at www.centerpointks.org and affirm our vision and statement of faith to apply. Please send an individual picture with your resume! Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
CenterPoint Christian Church
415 Lioba Drive
Andover, KS 67002